frost

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

jeff64
KG Regular

Does anyone know if lining the polytunnel with bubble wrap will keep the frost out enough to grow peppers on after germination, also will it stop condensation?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon jeff64, I don't have a polytunnel but, although the bubble wrap will help to keep the frost out, I think you would still have to put some heat in there to grow on peppers....not sure about the condensation.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Jeff the poly will protect things meant to grow in winter to give you a better harvest, but not newly germinated peppers. (More light than warmth to blame). However if you put last years chilli's & peppers plants in there trimmed down of loose growth, there is every chance they will survive with the odd splash so you will have a head start & earlier fruit next year. I have had success with these in the unheated & unbubbled greenhouse at home. Not tried it yet in the tunnel though but would think same result.
Westi
jeff64
KG Regular

Thanks oh and Westi, i won't put them in till mid April so hopefully there won't be much frost to come.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic