Reducing allotment plot sizes

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Really pleased to read in the April issue of the KG magazine, that the starter plots are a success on the Ashbourne Road allotments.
So congratulations to Elaine Crick and who ever else was involved, for coming up with such a good idea and putting it into action.
I certainly think other allotments sites, will now be adopting the starter plot idea...

And in the pictures, there's not a colour co-ordinated tool in sight... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I certainly think a full allotment plot size can feel totally overwhelming to many newbies, especially if they're not experienced gardeners and it's an overgrown plot. I remember our first plot years ago. It was totally overgrown, full of couch grass and during our time there we never managed to fully dig it.

Much better, I think to have a smaller area, get it cultivated and growing crops and give people the feeling they're in charge of a successful project instead of always trying to overcome a failure. Even half a plot can produce.a lot of crops once Yiu master the art of successional growing.
Stephen
KG Regular

there's not a colour co-ordinated tool in sight...

Not even mud coloured?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic