British Garden Centres

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

Our local Wyevale is being taken over by British Garden Centres. Does anyone have experience of buying from them? Curious to see how their prices compare.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Sludge
KG Regular

I couldn’t comment on prices because I’ve never found anything I want to buy at Hornsea garden centre. I don’t know how they get away with calling themselves a garden centre. However they are marvellous if you have an overwhelming need for a jigsaw puzzle, scented candle or a colouring book, or just about anything that will come in handy to throw out when you’ve forgotten why you bought it.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Can't help you there, Diane but, our local Wyvale was taken over buy a private buyer and it's exactly the same as it was.....think he has bought it to try and get planning permission for housing....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Chantal
KG Regular

Our Wyevale has been taken over by Dobies. At the moment, it's a shambles, I can no longer buy meat, pies or duvet sets! :lol:

We don't go there much, whoever owns it, as it's not a nursery/garden centre, it's a destination that includes lunch etc.
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Stephen
KG Regular

Like many other garden centres, here in Berkhamsted, they sell greetings cards, candles and household knick-knackery but they have to do that because the supermarket behind them has trolleys full of bedding plants.
Apparently they are under threat from their head office. I would not want to lose them from the High Street.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic