Beat this for longevity!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

After posting all the pictures of our new birds, I must find a place for my oldest.
If my memory serves me right, she was hatched in spring 2004, in any case not later than 2005.
She was originally known by the name "Little Brown Hen", though for the past few years she has been "Old Mrs Brown". I've forgotten when she laid her last egg, but she is still as sprightly as any of her much younger companions.

IMG_1792.JPG
IMG_1792.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 1762 times
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Primrose
KG Regular

Lovely to see Alan. She has obviously been loved and well cared for.

I,ve just had an interesting glimpse into your chicken owning life watching Jimmy Doherty on The life of chickens on BBC2 iPlayer.
Made me feel ai would,like a couple of friendly hens clucking around my garden. It would certainly reduce the slug problem. I didn,t realise chickens would actually eat mice if they had the opportunity.
alan refail
KG Regular

To tell the truth, Primrose, hens are not fond of slugs at all, But they do like the odd snail and they go mad if they can find a frog to tear into. French tastes. What you need for slugs are ducks. They're slug hoovers!
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Diane
KG Regular

Mine ran away from slugs. Your Old Mrs Brown is wonderful. I just love hen's.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

She is still a lovely looking hen, Alan, I hope Old Mrs Brown has a few more years ahead of her yet.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

That's good going alan ,you must have things right as chickens clock their claws up sometimes for no apparent reason
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic