A general rant - After the Lord Mayor's Show

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

My husband helped organise our annual charity village fete on Saturday, a feature of which was the village draw to help rise money for village good causes. He has just been reminded that now the draw has taken place he needs to destroy all the stubs because they contain personal information such as a phone number or email address.
So since we have no garden space for a bonfire he is now having to painstaking feed all the stubs into our home shredder. Is it any wonder that volunteers for anything give up when they're faced with this kind of activity?

i'm sure other volunteers on here can come up with similar examples.
Diane
KG Regular

I'd have buried them in the compost heap.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Stephen
KG Regular

Likewise. The compost heap is a great place for confidential paper. Throw them in, turn the hose over them for a few minutes and turn the heap over. No one is going to try and dig them out and probably could not read them even if they tried.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Primrose, your Husband should have replied, "sorry, too late, I have sold them on to one of those scamming companies"..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic