Framberry

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

hermanblevins
KG Regular

Picked up a Framberry plant today. My natural curiosity got the better of me!

The selling point was it is 'a cross between a strawberry and a raspberry'. I take it the 'taste' is and not the actual plants that produce the fruits, as they both belong to a different genus. So, what is the origin of this variety, there seems to be some conflicting information on the web.

Are the fruit any good? Is it worth growing?

Any information gratefully received.
Stephen
KG Regular

Never even heard of them!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

These unfamiliar fruits seem to be strawberries with a different flavour bred by bringing in genes from the same family from various parts of the world. I haven't found anything to say whether you just keep growing the same plants or if you take runners like ordinary strawberries, did it come with any instructions?

https://www.rhsplants.co.uk/plants/_/pi ... 000026041/
Primrose
KG Regular

Afraid I've never heard of them either. There seem to be so many different "berry" variations available these days, especially in the blackberry/raspberry species which the nurseries are all trying to market. I'm not sure how successful or palatable they all are but it's always interesting when other people buy them and are able to give us some feedback on what they think of them.

So welcome to the forum, and do please keep us updated (if the slugs don't get to your fruit first !!)
Elmigo
KG Regular

Is that some artificially genetically modified kind of berry? I have never heard of it either.
Diane
KG Regular

'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic