Early Spring Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

I am planting my early speeds tomorrow, Stephen, but they will go into pots in a (slightly) heated greenhouse and will go out later, with thick fleece on hand if required.
robo
KG Regular

Stephen ,I would not normally plant them this early but my wife starts her latest chemo next Thursday so im making most of the opportunity
alan refail
KG Regular

Nice sunny morning after days of rain. Propagators up and running so I'm out to the polytunnel to get the spring sowing done.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
robo
KG Regular

Rain and gale force winds here not a nice start to the day
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Glorious sunshine here again with a light breeze, sleet and snow forecast for tomorrow, so I will resist any urge to garden just yet.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Stephen
KG Regular

March, in like a lion.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:Nice sunny morning after days of rain. Propagators up and running so I'm out to the polytunnel to get the spring sowing done.

All done. But I was fooled by the sunshine. Had a fifteen minute shower of hail with a gusty wind behind it. At least by the time I'd finished the sun was out again and is still out :D
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Our light breeze has developed into a howling gale, will settle in front of the telly and watch the rugby this afternoon, had my exercise strolling round Mozzers getting the shopping done.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
peter
KG Regular

Meet the newest member of the family.
The 35kg resident German Shorthaired Pointer is thoroughly intimidated by her, lay in the car for four hours with his bum to her.Runs away when she walks towards him.
15521568435281216917711.jpg
15521568435281216917711.jpg (5.1 MiB) Viewed 3704 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

Oh Peter she is beautiful!

The lady that bred our wire haired Viszla Ambush is now breeding these as brighter & better working dogs & keeps posting pics. Tempted indeed but our next will be a smooth haired Viszla, which are brighter than the wire haired, far less dirbbley & less skin problems. Like I say tempted, but as getting older need a velcro dog who does not go far. We had springers for years so have had our time of madness, so just stepping down but got to have a working dog, but with some attitude! If I had a border collie or something obedient I would miss the surprises! :)
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Our dog is a border collie come sheep dog he has gone blind with cataracts I take him the plot every day he is now a chicken dog as he lies watching the chickens if one makes a cackling noise he is not happy with he will bark at them ,he follows me everywhere never more than a yard away talk about me and my shadow
Diane
KG Regular

Oh... miss my dog. He's been gone over 20 years now but I still sometimes imagine I can hear his little paws padding around.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Stephen
KG Regular

Curses, I was on the point of going out for a walk and the rain arrives! I had just checked the forecast, ehich suggested it would be windy but dry.
Ah well, I'll start some bread first, hoping the shower blows over.
Stephen
KG Regular

Ah well. I'll have to wear a different jacket!
robo
KG Regular

The wind is howling has been all night but I think most of the country is the same ,first thing I went to the animal feed store for two bales of straw to give the chickens a treat ,I picked the first one up it weighed a ton it was saturated with all the rain so I decided one would do
Locked Previous topicNext topic