Pa Snip

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Monika
KG Regular

Oh, Pa Snip, you will be missed. My thoughts are with you, his family .....
jeff64
KG Regular

RIP Pa Snip
Poddington Pea
KG Regular

Thank you everyone
Down at the bottom of the garden, among the birds and the bees, your find alot of little people called the poddington peas, the poddinton peas. :wink:
Primrose
KG Regular

I am so sad to hear this and send you and your family my sincere sympathy. Pa was a great source of advice, humour and inspiration to all of us and he will not be forgotten.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thank You All
Dads funeral is on the 19th March at Chilterns Crem in Amersham at 11.45am should anyone wish to attend please feel welcome.at Dads request no flowers, Veg display only and please wear bright colours, if you let me know that would be great, thank u, pea

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Oh Pea, my Hospital appointment with the Surgeon that did my operation is on that day at Oxford, at 12.10......I'm going to see if it's possible to change the date. I will get back to you as soon as possible.....x
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I have two commitments that day but if I can see my way around them I will try to attend. As there are two chapels there I need to make sure I attend the right service as after all this time I still only know your Dad by his pseudanym and not his real name. I guess they won't have Pa Snip listed on the schedule!. Your dad's wicked sense of humour still endures. I can just imagine the surprise on peoples faces if his casket really is adorned.with........Parsnips !

I hope you and your family are all coping. It's a difficult time for you all.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I will be there in spirit, just out of hospital and the journey from Scotland would be a trip too far.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
robo
KG Regular

I would loved to have come but my hands are full looking after my wife who will be a week into her latest round of chemo
Stephen
KG Regular

Hi Poddington
I may well be able to attend. I'll just check over the next couple of days.
Planning a buttonhole of freshly cut chives!

I have even looked up their diary, so that I think the funeral is in Hampden Chapel.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Pea, Hospital date now changed so, myself and Cook will be attending, thank you.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:I have two commitments that day but if I can see my way around them I will try to attend. As there are two chapels there I need to make sure I attend the right service as after all this time I still only know your Dad by his pseudanym and not his real name. I guess they won't have Pa Snip listed on the schedule!. Your dad's wicked sense of humour still endures. I can just imagine the surprise on peoples faces if his casket really is adorned.with........Parsnips !

I hope you and your family are all coping. It's a difficult time for you all.

Dads real name is Mike Clarke
you will know its us as there will be dads old RT Double deck in attendance im sure we are in the Hampden Chapel
Last edited by Pa Snip on Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:Dear Pea, Hospital date now changed so, myself and Cook will be attending, thank you.....

Great
Dads real name is Mike Clarke
you will know its us as there will be dads old RT Double deck in attendance im sure we are in the hampden Chapel

Primrose
KG Regular

Amersham Crematorium has a facility, or it used to have two years ago, whereby it will record a funeral service and you can watch it live online as it is happening or for up to about 7 days after the service if the funeral directors apply for a code which relatives can give to people so that they can tune in and be part of the proceedings I used this facility when I was unable to attend a funeral taking place there, and of course it's ideal for friends & family abroad who can't attend.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Amersham Crematorium has a facility, or it used to have two years ago, whereby it will record a funeral service and you can watch it live online as it is happening or for up to about 7 days after the service if the funeral directors apply for a code which relatives can give to people so that they can tune in and be part of the proceedings I used this facility when I was unable to attend a funeral taking place there, and of course it's ideal for friends & family abroad who can't attend.

Would be nice if this could be downloaded to KG so that we could all watch. :( :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic