Pa Snip

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

I'm too far away unfortunately but will be there in spirit. And if there's an online link then that would be much appreciated.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Amersham Crematorium has a facility, or it used to have two years ago, whereby it will record a funeral service and you can watch it live online as it is happening or for up to about 7 days after the service if the funeral directors apply for a code which relatives can give to people so that they can tune in and be part of the proceedings I used this facility when I was unable to attend a funeral taking place there, and of course it's ideal for friends & family abroad who can't attend.

Hi
For personal reasons we have decided not to do this. however I do have a copy of dads service already and can post for you all to see after the day itself, thank u xx

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

That's fine. The important thing is to do whatever enables you best to get through a challenging day. Pa was so much a part of this forum that I'm sure others on here would appreciate seeing that.
Stephen
KG Regular

I can confirm that, all things being equal (thunderstorms, snow and other natural or unnatural disasters excluded) I will be in attendance.
Stephen
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:
Primrose wrote:Amersham Crematorium has a facility, or it used to have two years ago, whereby it will record a funeral service and you can watch it live online as it is happening or for up to about 7 days after the service if the funeral directors apply for a code which relatives can give to people so that they can tune in and be part of the proceedings I used this facility when I was unable to attend a funeral taking place there, and of course it's ideal for friends & family abroad who can't attend.

Would be nice if this could be downloaded to KG so that we could all watch. :( :(

As per Dads request, I will find away of doing this after the service. So please no sad faces, dad would love you all to see it.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

All the forums happy thoughts and happy memories are with you, your family and of course the most important person, our dear Pa Snip..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Diane
KG Regular

Absolutely.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Our thoughts will be with you all tomorrow. A difficult day for you all, but hopefully one which remembers all the positive things and enables you all to move forward knowing that everything was done in Pa's own unique style which will undoubtedly remain as a memory of him .
Stephen
KG Regular

P3190093.JPG
P3190093.JPG (2.58 MiB) Viewed 6834 times
Stephen
KG Regular

P3190092.JPG
P3190092.JPG (2.56 MiB) Viewed 6835 times
Stephen
KG Regular

I looked carefully at everyone else but no one stood out as Old Herbaceous & Cook.
Primrose
KG Regular

What lovely unusual tributes. I'm sure Pa would have approved. I expect the florists were somewhat bemused to be asked for something so out of the ordinary.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

We were there Stephen, green t-shirt with Pa Snip rules.....I did look for you too!!!!

Well what a wonderful service....and of a kind I have never been to before...good old Pa Snip...

Stephen
KG Regular

Sorry to have missed you.
I was upstairs in the overflow.
The jacket with the bright green vege was pretty spectacular!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It was indeed, I didn't get to speak to that bloke...did you go back to the pub, Stephen?

Got to have a lovely chat with Pea....like Father, like Daughter, i'm pleased to say......everyone spoke so well of Pa Snip!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic