Social Care and a legal milestone.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

The Metropolitan Police's recent prosecution of a parent for carrying out Female Genital Mutilation had a guilty verdict handed down some days ago, the first successful case in the UK and a harrowing story. "Channel 4 News"
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Diane
KG Regular

Excellent result.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
alan refail
KG Regular

But now we have the vile Christopher Chope MP objecting. How anyone can vote for this man beggars belief!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47173445
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

This Chope idiot is my MP & right pompous tosser who used to turn up at the hospital with all the robes completely unannounced. Haven't seen him for a bit but he'd be lynched if he dared show his face near any NHS establishment.
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

Westi wrote:This Chope idiot is my MP & right pompous tosser who used to turn up at the hospital with all the robes completely unannounced. Haven't seen him for a bit but he'd be lynched if he dared show his face near any NHS establishment.

The man's a bloody dinosaur who needs kicking back to the nineteenth century, or preferably the age when his fellow saurians stalked the earth!
But it looks as though even the Tories have had enough of his antics.

His voting record says it all.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10103/christopher_chope/christchurch/votes
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

Hmm! Not a brilliant record for accepting people who make different choices! Methinks he may have finally tangled himself enough to be kicked off the planet as those that suffer FGM don't get the opportunity to make a choice as too young! Total prick who throws in an object so he can go home to bed. I do safeguarding as my job & I would willingly snuff him out with his fancy pillow to protect others. Wake up Tories! To see this man get out of parliament will make many people happy; but it would be good if he didn't get any big pension as well. No reward for any individual who condones this!
Westi
JohnN
KG Regular

Rather than banning FGM perhaps it should be extended to men - starting with Christopher Chope and proceeding to those who rape women.
JohnN
KG Regular

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that FGM shouldn't be banned, just that it should be re-named MGM!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

peter wrote:The Metropolitan Police's recent prosecution of a parent for carrying out Female Genital Mutilation had a guilty verdict handed down some days ago, the first successful case in the UK and a harrowing story. "Channel 4 News"

Should be made law that all cases are reported to the Police to include all N.H.S and Doctors.
robo
KG Regular

Seems we have two threads running together or am I confused ,I don't normally watch news programs or read news papers I find not reading about fiddling M.P.s is better for my temper ,some thing serous needs doing to parliament it's getting more of a joke every week,when you see pictures of people who are supposed to be running the country asleep in parliament it's time for a change they are probably suffering the effects of their three course lunch subsidized by us the tax payer when we have people sleeping in shop doorways ,people who mistreat children should suffer there's to many soft ways out for them
Westi
KG Regular

We have to report all cases Shallot Man, but that is the problem the families of these women don't take them near health services but treat anything by the ways they did with a touch of voodoo & wild herbs. We've only had one case in 10yrs show up & that was a pregnant woman who couldn't deliver (although barbarically cut to help) & needed a cesarian. Basically dumped at A & E with a made up identity & unable to speak English. She legged it at the first opportunity after the birth with the baby despite 1 on 1 care. But Police would not have been able to do much anyway as she was an adult.

It's still a mad old world, but at least there is an awakening awareness - well except for one dinosaur!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic