Full Steam Ahead

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

If anyone in Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire area is interested FLYING SCOTSMAN is due through from Kings Cross to York on Friday 11th Jan

Stevenage [SVG]
pass

Hitchin [HIT]
pass
SL

Biggleswade [BIW]
pass

Sandy [SDY]
pass

Holme Jnc
arrive 10.07
depart 10.21

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Stephen
KG Regular

:D
While I am in Herts, I'm as far away as possible from the East Coast mainline as I possibly could be without ending up in Bucks!
On Friday, I'll be in Birmingham anyway.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

It's just a piece of general info for anyone who might be interested.
If it doesn't apply then nothing has been lost except a minute or two to open and read It and if that is the case I apologise for wasting peoples valuable time

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

If no one posted anything, Pa Snip, what would I read first thing in the morning... :)

I dare bet, someone will have found it very useful.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I hope to travel behind Tornado later in the year when it travels from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, I use this site to find out what steam hauled trains are running and when and where.
http://uksteam.info/tours/trs19.htm
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

tigerburnie wrote:I hope to travel behind Tornado later in the year when it travels from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, I use this site to find out what steam hauled trains are running and when and where.

Hopefully being the operative word. Taking a time to run on mainline metals again after blowing apart on April 14th.

Same site as I use.

tigerburnie
KG Regular

Pa Snip wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:I hope to travel behind Tornado later in the year when it travels from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, I use this site to find out what steam hauled trains are running and when and where.

Hopefully being the operative word. Taking a time to run on mainline metals again after blowing apart on April 14th.

Same site as I use.

Tornado is due to leave the Nene Valley Railway next Tuesday to run up to Doncaster, it has been hauling trains on the NVR since it's repair was completed to "run it in"
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Stephen
KG Regular

Pa
My post wasn't a criticism, just a comment on my own position as I qualify, residing in Herts.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Tony Hague
KG Regular

Would pop over to Sandy for a look if I wasn't working.

Went Christmas shopping in Chester by Tornado last year. Lookin forward to Ribblehead behind Union of South Africa in March :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic