Happy New Year to you all for 2019

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stephen
KG Regular

No, Primrose, I'm sure it doesn't. Doesn't the cooking boil all the alcohol away?
Not that I partake of "Janu-dry".
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Good to see Johnbiy checking in yesterday. Happy New Year to you Sir! Hope you are keeping in reasonable form. Please don,t leave it so long next time !
We have not heard from Richard with a C for ages and hope he is ok. Has anybody had any news of him?
Monika
KG Regular

Motherwoman is another person we have not heard from for a long time!
Primrose
KG Regular

I feel rather disconcerted when people who feature regularly in my life, whether personal acquaintances, or regulars on forums like this, suddenly disappear from view. It's like Christmas cards from regular contacts which suddenly stop arriving.
With Christmas cards you can always out an address on the back of an envelope so if necessary it can be forwarded or returned but with emails and forums there is no such similar facility.

So if you were an earlier forum member and occasionally check in on here, please do pop up and say Hello !

On an administrative front, is there any way the forum administrators could do a bulk email to all previous members asking if they would still like to be kept on an "active" list? . They are the only ones who have a personal email address.

I think we may have touched on this question before but can't remember the outcome. (anno domini perhaps ?)
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I am a moderator on another forum and it would be possible to contact people if they have agreed to be contacted, when they first join. It could however be a mammoth task, how many folk are you thinking about here? Even a couple of the moderators haven't been on for years I notice.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
peter
KG Regular

Reality is this forum is a quiet backwater.
Busier forums it takes months for people to realise someone's gone quiet.
Here we can go a few days sometimes with no posts, other forums there's so many posts you lose interest and the same questions are asked time after time.
I think here is a bit like a village pub. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

peter wrote:I think here is a bit like a village pub. :?

Snug.

anyone any recommendations for good logs. 1/2 a bitter shandy for me please

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic