That "10 Free Lottery Ticket" handout.....warning...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

.......which was included in this month's mag. It's not free - and they need your bank details and life details....it's not from Camelot. So don't fall for it.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Geoff
KG Regular

Thanks - I was intending to try it after the Christmas chaos has subsided.
Primrose
KG Regular

Thanks Diane. I put it to one side to query on here later.
I saw the free 0800 number and just assumed that you rang it and they allocated you ten free lottery numbers.
Obviously it's a lot more complicated than that and the free offer is just a web to draw you in deeper.
No way am I going to provide such personal information, especially when it,s not even the national Camelot lottery.
I'm a little surprised that the magazine promoters are allowing these sorts of offers to be included
Diane
KG Regular

Apparently this firm has been doing this for a while - if you google "10 free lottery tickets" there's more info all about this scheme. I, too, am surprised that Kitchen Garden allowed it in their promotions.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Diane thanks for the tip off

I subscribe to KG, not to any advertising material that comes with it. Therefore all such material goes straight in the recycling bin without being read.

I would not be too hasty in blaming KG or any other magazine. Although I confess to being surprised such matter might be included without prior approval as it could leave subscribers very vulnerable

From my experience I think you would find most of them use outside packaging and distribution companies and it is they who include such material. It is a way for the distribution companies to reduce costs.

By searching as you suggested I see that it was a year ago that a competitor magazine was a target

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Thanks for the heads up like some others I put it at one side to sort after Christmas now now it's going in the bin
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It certainly reads as if it is a thank you from the 'Kithen Garden Magazine' but it would certainly put people off ever buying the magazine again if they get stung....quite a serious thing, I feel!!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes , better off sticking with free seed packets , I think, if the magazine wants to reward loyal readers.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Seems they were about last year too!!!!

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grape ... 95174.html

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Oh, Pa Snip has already said the above.....

Pa Snip
KG Regular

KEEP UP

That Christmas gift wine you got is distracting you
OH, lol

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Colin2016
KG Regular

A college brought some instant lottery tickets to enclose with Christmas cards for his special customers. Unfortunately his curiosity got the better of him so he checked them out himself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic