Please help this Christmas

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

HAPPY CHRISTMAS

WARNING ...RANT!

For those of you who are placing Christmas lights/decorations in your front garden, can you please avoid anything that has Red or Blue flashing lights together?
Every time I come around the corner, I think it is the police and I have a panic attack.
I have to brake hard, toss my wine out the window, hide the weed, fasten my seat belt, throw my phone on the floor, turn my radio down, all while trying to drive.
This is just too much drama, even for Christmas.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, enjoy yourselves

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

I drove home last night an I'm convinced I seen elfs running and hiding from my headlights they were dressed in bright colours darting behind trees , I blamed the festive season my wife blamed the cider I had been sipping
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Apparrently, Father Christmas's Reindeer's haven't been laughing at Rudoplh at all, as Scientist now say Reindeer's can't actually see red..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

But if you use one of those heat loss cameras reindeers noses will show up red I believe

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

They may have stopped for another reason.

Rudolf.jpg
Rudolf.jpg (200.08 KiB) Viewed 5432 times
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I'm really pleased the people who lived opposite us have moved. At the beginning of December they put a string of red lights like a big worm across the front of their house and it used to flash at varying intervals. They couldn't see it from the house but it was extremely irritating for us. I considered putting something equally annoying on our balcony railings but thought better of it.

The new people have a reindeer pulling a sleigh which is just lights (so far it isn't flashing)
Primrose
KG Regular

Oh they're an antisocial lot round here. No lights at all round here The most one single house has been sporting is a holly wreath on the door. And knowing some of the yobs round here, one morning the occupant will wake up and find it has been nicked !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose you make your village sound like a den of iniquity :D
I thought it had stopped being that in the late sixties when friends and I moved away :lol:

Primrose
KG Regular

Yes Pa, we've missed you and the humorous graffiti chalked on the walls ! :lol:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Yep, stamped my mark,

talking of which has reminded me of Mr Melfi's stamp shop that used to be up the High Street on the left hand side about where the supermarket is.about where
Small shop crammed packed with albums & stamps.
Proper old style shop

Before your time there I would think

Primrose
KG Regular

Probably now one of the several hairdressers or estate agents. Hair must grow really fast around here to need so many hairdressers! House prices seem to have stalled though so maybe some of the estate agents will disappear (and become nail parlours or tattoo shops!). Oh for a useful hardware shop or something similar !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

used to be one almost right at the bottom of the high street,left had side. guy who used to work there by name of Mike now works at our local hardware store

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic