Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thought it was time of the year to get a jumper out, although saying that, it does seem incredibly mild out there this morning.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

High wind and raindrops here. Have a feeling that if I go out they may be falling on my head :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

If you walk on your hands you should be ok pa snip
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Good morning. It's not gardening weather today here anyway. My bird watching is a bit disppointing too, it must be too windy to fly. There have only been three birds on the feeders in contrast to over 100 on Tuesday.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

The leaves off the silver birch trees are fluttering past the window simulating butterflies
Starlings are out in force
Red Kites sweeping by (not sweeping leaves)around 20 goldies on feeders as I type

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

It is hardly daylight up here, been like it for days, wet and windy, so I might go fishing later from a local beach
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Diane
KG Regular

I didn't even wake up until late - it was just so very dark this morning. The birds have been unsuccessful in landing on the bird table - I might have to move it slightly so it's more sheltered. Even my little bit of left over bit of boiled fruit cake that I put out for them is still there but the pigeon has his beady eye on it. However, he's so fat he can't quite manage a wind tunnel manoevre.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Very blustery here too and the birds seem to be struggling in the wind. Decided I won't hang my washing out though. My underwear risks being ripped off the line and I wouldn't want the ignominy of having to knock on all the neighbours'' doors to try and retrieve it !

Just made a big pan of leek and potato soup. Do enjoy all these "peasant foods" when the weather turns more wintery! Should really have made tomato soup with the last couple of pounds of this summer's now slightly wrinkled tomatoes but quite honestly after such a good crop we're all "tomatoed out" for a while !
Geoff
KG Regular

Just made a big pan of leek and potato soup. Do enjoy all these "peasant foods" when the weather turns more wintery!

I know my class - today's lunch!
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Well the fishing was a washout(all most literally)horizontal stair rods of rain in a howling gale and an angry sea, usually that means some Cod, but it's Quiche tonight I'm afraid.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well Tiger you are to be congratulated for toughing it out, even if you didn't catch anything. A fisherman's lot is rarely a happy one. Enjoy your quiche sitting in a nice warm dry environment!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Not quite the same as a nice bit of Cod, Tigerburnie, but i'm sure the Quiche was first class.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Sadly the Cod seem rather short in supply this year, so eating a lot of Quiche these days lol.(It couldn't possibly be that the anglers rubbish??)
Stephen
KG Regular

I'm rather miserable; three weeks of coughing up purulent phlegm is no fun. So I have not been to the allotment recently.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Westi
KG Regular

That's the thing with these between season viruses Stephen, they certainly seem to linger longer anyway.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic