Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Magnificent photos -wonder how much it cost to set all that lot up. Glad you enjoyed the evening.
Westi
KG Regular

Wow Pa!!

Looks amazing! I particularly love the trees lit up showing all the branches, gnarly bits & imperfections! You don't notice it in normal light but it certainly adds more character to them! You must have been on your best behaviour with your best joke telling as Mrs Snip got you home in one piece - you're definitely at her mercy with her driving & you on wheels & some water nearby! :) :)
Westi
Diane
KG Regular

Superb photography skills.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Garlic is poking through.
Primrose
KG Regular

Mine's about 8 inches high now. Just planted it rather too closely as I didn't want to waste any of the bulbs I had. Now annoyingly I can't get into the middle of the vegetable patch to weed it without trampling on some of the shoots.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

White-fly are thriving.
robo
KG Regular

I've just got back from the plot most of my garlic and onions are growing well ,the pheasants are having a great time eating the top leaves on the sprouts ,the east wind is bitter
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Oh THE JOYS OF THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE

Like yesterday, a home made cauliflower cheese meal blitzed with fresh dug leek from the plot and a sprinkling of melted grated blue cheese over the top.

The simple joy was the taste, which was heaven to someone who has had no taste buds working for months.

Hopefully to be repeated today.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Sounds delicious and glad you enjoyed it Pa. Just shows that you can't disguise the taste of quality food no matter which way it is served.
I love cauliflower cheese and it's a source of frustration to me that I can never successfully grow the darned things so all power to your elbow!
robo
KG Regular

I've had a bad year with the cauliflowers I think we have had two reach the table, it started with the pheasants eating fifteen newly planted seedlings then last week what was left went to seed ,I used to love my wife's cauliflower cheese it was to die for she no longer cooks it mainly due to her memory problems
Westi
KG Regular

It was biting cold down at lottie today, took ages for my fingers to warm up & work, but as they got warmer my toes got colder. Gave up on scrapping out the canker bits in the apple & pear trees (although most done) & decided it had to be a burn day especially as tomorrow is going to be rain again & the rose, tree & grape prunings pile was dry.

Unfortunately it burnt through the side of the incinerator, but it will last for the next couple of piles. I had to use the incinerator as the spot intended for a burn pile still has productive summer crops in. I munched lettuce leaves today which were tasty in a novelty way, but will be marshmallows & snags for the next couple of piles still to rid off if it's a cold day like today!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

The gas stove was reluctant to fire up today as was the gas torch the temperature in the shed was just above freezing ,the sun came out and I thought it was going to be a warm sunny day that was un till the east wind started blowing , I got the torch going although not very well I then defrosted the tap so I could give the chickens water I then used it to defrost the water container so I could get it apart after that I gently warmed the gas bottle up but very slowly so as not to blow the shed up
Stephen
KG Regular

High risk stuff Robo!
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:The gas stove was reluctant to fire up today as was the gas torch the temperature in the shed was just above freezing ,the sun came out and I thought it was going to be a warm sunny day that was un till the east wind started blowing , I got the torch going although not very well I then defrosted the tap so I could give the chickens water I then used it to defrost the water container so I could get it apart after that I gently warmed the gas bottle up but very slowly so as not to blow the shed up

Do not try this at home children. its Robo's answer to The Big Bang Theory

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Diane
KG Regular

Wow - those chilli plants have great stamina. Do you have them outside? Or in shelter?
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic