Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Daughter went to the plot yesterday to check things over. Came round to ours after with some smashing size leeks along with long carrots a couple of red cabbages and some brussel sprouts.

One of the leeks got blitzed so I could eat it for dinner yesterday, wey whoopeeee do, I could taste it. smashing!!!!

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

i'm saying this quietly but so far my leeks this year are looking good too and showing no sign of rust. They were wrecked last year and I was worried that contaminating spores might still be in the ground.
Pa, are you having to have all your food whizzed now to make it easier to swallow or are there some things you can still eat normally?
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:i'm saying this quietly but so far my leeks this year are looking good too and showing no sign of rust. They were wrecked last year and I was worried that contaminating spores might still be in the ground.

Pa, are you having to have all your food whizzed now to make it easier to swallow or are there some things you can still eat normally?

As soon as rust appears on leeks I keep (or usedto) a close eye on them and get them out before it gets too bad then prepare and freeze them

All food except porridge and angel delight type foods have to be blitzed, even tinned tomatoes.. Fresh toms have to be skinned & blitzed

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

COULD BE RISKY

Tonight Mrs S and I have tickets to a evening event at RHS Wisley, now the risky part of this is it will be my first outing using a wheelchair along with a first for Mrs S pushing. Snag is she does not have a licence :lol: or any previous experience.

I will, in the process of traversing the site, try and get some pictures without camera shake :D
Expect it will be packed though

Diane
KG Regular

Hope you both have a wonderful evening at Wisley.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

That's tough Pa when much of the pleasure of eating is enjoying the different textures, especially the crispy parts of roast meals.etc.
Hopefully at least you can still enjoy the flavour of your home grown produce and the taste of some of your favourite meals.

Hope you enjoy the evening at Wisley and that you've put the L plates on the wheelchair! Women are often not good at reversing so watch your back !
robo
KG Regular

We flew out in September we had two weeks in Spain I spent most of the time replacing stolen thing from the latest break in, but at liverpool airport I got a wheelchair for my wife as she needs a crutch to walk and no chance of her going up steps , as there were six people on the plane in wheelchairs I was asked could I push her ,all went well untill it was time to go to the plane as well as pushing my wife I had two cases to contend with so I hung one on each handle no problem until we had to go down a long ramp I was doing my best to go slow but it was near impossible ,when we got to the bottom of the ramp I hit a bump this caused the wheel chair to become airborne on the front wheels caused by the weight of the cases on the handles ,the front wheels hit the ground seconds before the backwheels hit the bump the chair fell backwards I went forwards full length over the chair and my wife I finished up hitting my head on the concrete floor , my wife meanwhile just lay backwards with her knees stuck up in the air she was still sitting in the chair meanwhile quite a few people came to our help pulling me up and lifting the chair and wife up all fussing over her but nobody came near me to see if I was ok, pa snip beware of ramps
snooky
KG Regular

After five years of pushing my late wife around in her wheelchair that it was easier to go down ramps backwards.I found that I had more control.
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Stephen
KG Regular

Snooky & Robo
Whilst my father is in a wheelchair, my experience of slopes is greater with heavily laden flight cases (of technical kit) and Snooky is right, back down ramps. Also those in the wheelchair should belt themselves in.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

The event at Wisley was Magic, just like an enchanted forest. Survived the first wheelchair outing

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning PA Snip, so glad you had a pleasant evening, was it Ma Snip doing the pushing?
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Yes OH it was

DSC_537402.jpg
DSC_537402.jpg (76.07 KiB) Viewed 4813 times

DSC_540623.jpg
DSC_540623.jpg (52.17 KiB) Viewed 4813 times

DSC_543942.jpg
DSC_543942.jpg (49.52 KiB) Viewed 4813 times

Pa Snip
KG Regular

DSC_542534.jpg
DSC_542534.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 4814 times

DSC_550396.jpg
DSC_550396.jpg (114.34 KiB) Viewed 4814 times

DSC_5540125.jpg
DSC_5540125.jpg (50.42 KiB) Viewed 4814 times

Pa Snip
KG Regular

DSC_5570150.jpg
DSC_5570150.jpg (75.04 KiB) Viewed 4815 times

DSC_5601177.jpg
DSC_5601177.jpg (46.23 KiB) Viewed 4815 times

DSC_5625198.jpg
DSC_5625198.jpg (49.08 KiB) Viewed 4815 times

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Brilliant photos Par Snip, saved me a fortune on having to go, thank you.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic