Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

We were forecast gale force winds for today we cancelled a planned fishing trip on our boat only to find not a breath of wind all day ,I spent the morning sorting all the seed trays and various plant pots I've got the pollytunnel 50% ready for next spring ,this year I planted through cardboard and it seemed to work well, I'm now watering the beds with jays fluid then putting down compost and chicken manure then covering the whole lot in cardboard the resident toad seems to approve
Monika
KG Regular

Could anybody send us some sunshine, please? There has been sun to the west of us and to the east of us during the last few days (we can see it from our eyrie) but we have been sitting in the dark, dank, drizzly clouds ........ Maybe the forecast strong winds will blow the clouds way!
robo
KG Regular

Monika we are to the west of you ,we have not seen the sun for three days even then it was just hovering on freezing we have had three days of torrential rain
Last edited by robo on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Take heart people
You might only have to put up with me for a few more months.

Another humerous visit to my oncologist team today, a few laughs interspersed with the news that this may have been my last visit because there is nothing more to she can do,
Chemo and radiotherapy are both out now. She confirmed that as I had said we are on the downhill slope but no one knows how fast the journey will be.
In the meantime it is down to my GP, Macmillan Nurses and District nurses along with social services to keep me as comfortable as possible.
Not that I am currently uncomfortable other than being skin & bone and feeling fatigued. At least I am not in pain.

Her theory is I will probably contract a chest infection which would probably be better not treated.
I have now found out what the most difficult part is, all those adverts for what looks like luscious Christmas fayre and I cant eat it unless it is pureed or turned to liquid !!, now that's what I call painful :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

Just back from Elstree studios having spent the evening laughing my socks off at Messrs Merton & Hislop. Managed to secure tickets for myself and two friends to see tomorrow evening's show being recorded. The warm-up man was delighted to discover a clutch of of law students in the audience, "We're always in need of good lawyers for this show." :lol:

FB_IMG_1544139546496.jpg
FB_IMG_1544139546496.jpg (97.09 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Diane
KG Regular

Oh Pa..... :(
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

Hey Pa!
You have fought hard, won some battles but not the war with the alien, but I'm sure the legacy you will leave for others (including your oncologist) will be with spirit & determination that eventually we can defeat this shit disease! Their idea is to zap it, but this bugger needs a stern warning about man's determination & superiority as well! You could be the start of something big in the final confrontation!

Keep fighting you are adding something to some little nerd in a lab who will take the credit obviously! :)
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

My very best wishes to both Pa and to Robo for your wife.

I know the grim reaper comes for us all but we hope not for a few years and it is always upsetting.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Passing a neighbors garden. he has daisy's in bloom.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Since a lot of people have been taking an unwelcomed interest in my rear passage, just lately, I wondered if it might be worth contacting these people..... :) :twisted:

thumbnail_IMG_0180.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0180.jpg (149.19 KiB) Viewed 3598 times
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:lol: :roll:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

What a bummer
peter
KG Regular

I heard they were a bit shitty

oldherbaceous wrote:Since a lot of people have been taking an unwelcomed interest in my rear passage, just lately, I wondered if it might be worth contacting these people..... :) :twisted:

thumbnail_IMG_0180.jpg
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Geoff
KG Regular

I'd be able to crack their security. Years ago we had to create a file of analysis codes for an early computer system that would only allow 8 character file names and as far as I know when I retired it was still called analcode.
Primrose
KG Regular

Pa, I wish serenity for you in however long you've got left. The comfort, if there is one in all this , is that you have been given time to put your affairs in order and contemplate and value all the things which have been important to you. I'm sure you and your family will be there for each other, and if at the end of the day, no stone has been left unturned to ensure you enjoy a quality of life, then I think that will have been a good life well lived.

Meanwhile, make the most of every day as I am sure you will. And stay on here as long as you can to encourage the rest of us.
x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic