Early Winter Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Hope you soon get rid of it Stephen, so you can back to your allotment.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Another week passed with no visits to the plot. Last time I saw it the ground cover type weeds were growing well. Certainly do not have energy to dig them out. Think I will have to resort to weedkiller once the leeks are harvested.

Daughter due to take plot over but she was recently voted as PTA treasurer and this last couple of days she has been busy making a grotto for father Christmas ( played by her husband) and producing home made biscuits & cakes for PTA Christmas Fair which is today.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

To make you feel a little better, Pa Snip, the annual weeds are growing on most peoples allotments, late this year....probably down to a cold snap, quickly followed by a warm spell. Annoying this time of the year though, when one can not get out with ones hoe :) ....or can't get there for other reasons too. Weedkiller would be one way, if we get a dry day.....

Hope the Christmas fair turns out to be a magical affair.....

Pa Snip
KG Regular

biscuits.jpg
biscuits.jpg (112.7 KiB) Viewed 6228 times

Just some of my daughters fund raising efforts

cakes.jpg
cakes.jpg (78.89 KiB) Viewed 6228 times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Diane
KG Regular

They look fabulous. One of the snowmen looks like he's been overdoing the libation... :lol:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well if those Gentlemen don't put smiles on faces, nothing will.... :)

robo
KG Regular

They look brilliant what a great idea
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Completely edible

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I hope the baking raised plenty of money she's gone to a lot of trouble and they look great.

As it hasn't been a gardening day I've been bottling my wine. Two bottles of grape wine from the Madeleine Angevine and nine bottles of white currant. The white currant is quite sweet this year because of the warm summer but is quite potent. I swallowed quite a few mouthfuls trying to get the wine flowing through the syphon tube which kept stopping. A good excuse for sampling it anyway.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I bet everything seemed so much nicer when you had finished the bottling, Plumpudding... :)

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Definitely OH. Satisfying afternoon to complete the bottling with shrink tops and labels look very professional and nice and relaxed after my accidental sampling session.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:
I hope the baking raised plenty of money she's gone to a lot of trouble and they look great.

Thanks PP, the PTA Christmas fare raised almost twice as much as last year so very worthwhile

Even if its me saying so, the grotto she and her husband made was excellent

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Alright, Pa Snip, I suppose your Daughter might get a little of her determination from you..... :)

Good that they raised a decent amount.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Indeed OH she certainly is her fathers daughter. Has more gumption and determination than even I do.

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well the weather on the internet kept showing it fairly bright but, in reality, it has been rain and mizzle all day....Although I did make a big effort and went over and cleared all the old tomato plants.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic