Slightly different user name

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Sally L Wright

Dear All,
After trying to log back in after being inadvertently logged out and realising that it is so long since I had to use my password in anger that I had forgotten it I have had to re-register with a slightly different user name. I did try to contact the forum twice to see if there was anything they could do; and being beautifully ignored both times I have had to give in and set up a new ID.

Rest assured the advice will now flow again.
Regards Sally Wright
Westi
KG Regular

But here you are! Tenacity makes good growers - or maybe should! One thing this apple thing I use does is remember passwords but if it dies I may never ever get back on the site without a new name & password!
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Really sorry to read of your experience but glad you persevered.

Sadly I am not surprised at the lack of response you experienced with admin although I would have thought using the "I forgot my password" facility should have solved the problem
Peter is usually the one who picks up these types of post quickest although some matters are outside of his control

Have you perhaps changed your email address since you registered previously

?

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Glad you are back with us, Sally, we would have missed your posts hugely, if you hadn't mananged it.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Welcome back, albeit with a slightly new identity. There is definitely only one Sally Wright, whatever the variations on your name and it's good to know your very welcome advice will still be available to us.

I have to say that I increasingly seem to be thrown off automatic access to the forum these days (hopefully not for bad behaviour) and have to log in manually but even when I tick the "Remember Me" button, it doesn't seem to make much difference.
Stephen
KG Regular

Forgotton password - I have experienced this, in general not specifically here, and I find the solution which works for me is to always log off and then the password is fresh in your mind.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hi Sally
I've not seen any notifications that you were having problems. Reset password should have worked, unless your email has changed.
Can you send me a private message with your old username and email (I don't need your password).
We can easily get this fixed :-)
DH
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Sally, I've changed the password on your original account, but your emails are bouncing back. Can you check you can recieve emails? I've also PM'd you the new password.
sally wright
KG Regular

Dear Admin,
I suspect that my old account here is working with a freeserve e-mail that I stopped using many moons ago. I suspect that some blending of my accounts may need to be done to stop this problem from happening again. I would be very sorry to give up my venerable elder status and start afresh....
Regards Sally Wright.
Geoff
KG Regular

But you are a newcomer!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic