Introducing myself

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

Welcome idkwidg there is no such thing as a stupid question ,there is a lot of knowledge on this forum ,enjoy it ask away as much as you want
alan refail
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum. From what you say about your successes in your first year with an allotment you seem to know quite a lot about growing and seem set set to learn fast.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Welcome along
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Welcome from me too. It's been a good growing year if you could keep everything watered and I'm glad you've enjoyed what you've tried for a start. Most gardeners are optimists but have to get used to failures too. The weather has a big influence on which crops do well, and whatever it does you will always have a success with something. It's fun to trying new things and you can grow really nice varieties they don't sell in the shops.
retropants
KG Regular

welcome to the forum, sounds like you've made a great start this year!
Diane
KG Regular

Hello from me too. Wow - you sound as though you've had great success in a very difficult year, weatherwise. And I've learnt a new vegetable - rapini, so thank you. Going to try growing that myself next year - where did you get the seeds, please?
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

:Another welcome from me. New faces (even if you can't pronounce their user names - :lol:) are always welcome. Am sure you will have lots of experiences to share. Every growing site has its own perspective and I'm sure if you have growing problems there will be somebody on here to share them with.
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome to the site! Do I dare ask what the letters mean in your profile name??? (There is a PM option).

It would appear there are not many of us on here but loads read but are too scared, overwhelmed, confused & don't want to feel silly but I braved it & still here & when I post a reply about something, it is not my original knowledge but what I gained from these clever girls & guys & many others that no longer post for one reason or another. Just post it's a forum not an interrogation & if I may say the advice you get at times is nothing you will find on the major search sites but they work!

I think you are a natural with your successes this horrid year so time to fine tune for a proper lottie that will come with inherited past diseases & challenges! At the end of the day there is not a better head space than a lottie, good or bad years don't matter, it's your growing space - up close & very unique!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

:Another welcome from me. New faces (even if you can't pronounce their user names - :lol:) are always welcome. Am sure you will have lots of experiences to share. Every growing site has its own perspective and I'm sure if you have growing problems there will be somebody on here to share them with.
Stephen
KG Regular

Welcome from a gardener who has spent 12 years bluffing my way on the allotments in Berkhamsted, so also in Hertfordshire.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I think most of us are self taught gardeners on here. Often nobody is much interested in gardening and growing things until they acquire a home with a plot of land attached. That's when the fun begins at basic level learning to differentiate between a weed and a plant and it grows from there. It can be an addictive hobby. You only have to enjoy a few simple successes and you're hooked because there is always something new to try or new plants and techniques to experiment with.
Diane
KG Regular

Thank you for the info on where to get the Rapini seed - definitely going to give it a go next year. :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic