step 1 complete

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

retropants
KG Regular

sorry, this, at first seems like it is totally unrelated to gardening, but bear with me!
I have finally mustered to courage to list my beloved but knackered Triumph Herald on Car & Classic classifieds. It's taken me ages to do it, forever procrastinating, but he's listed, with sorry looking photos, so fingers crossed.
This is the first stage of relocating my veg growing from the allotment to my own garden. I will probably only be visiting the allotment a handful of times more before we say goodbye to the soil we've worked since 1991. My parents are moving next week, which is why we are giving it up.
The poor car has sat (covered) at the bottom of the garden since I moved in 20 years ago, so better late than never! It's going to be sad to say goodbye to Harry the Herald, but someone else with the time and skills can repair and restore him hopefully.
Attachments
IMG_1974.JPG
IMG_1974.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 3236 times
IMG_1973.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG (2.39 MiB) Viewed 3236 times
IMG_1970.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG (2.62 MiB) Viewed 3236 times
JohnN
KG Regular

Or contact the Triumph Owners Club.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I might have liked it if it was the Vitesse……………...
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

One careful owner,

now in need of some TLC. The owner that is, sadly the car might be beyond economic repair I think

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
retropants
KG Regular

I think you are right Pa! However, I've had a lot of interest already today, so you never know.
Westi
KG Regular

The people that are interested have the money to restore. Don't think of giving it up but giving it a chance of a new beginning & who knows even topping up the coffers for you! Play it cool - wait & watch for the first one wanting to view!
Westi
retropants
KG Regular

I have a taker! But we are currently playing telephone ping-pong! He wants to take it without seeing it, for his son to work on. He's seen the photos, and I've told him it's not in a good way, but that hasn't put him off!
Primrose
KG Regular

And whilst you,re still at the allotment, if you have some suitable transport, maybe you should try and bring home a few bagfuls of your nicely nurtured and matured allotment soil tomperk up your new veg patch in your garden!
retropants
KG Regular

good thinking Primrose!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic