cheese

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

What is the point of mild cheese?
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Diane wrote:What is the point of mild cheese?

None that I can think of.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

The same point as cheese with holes in perhaps..

Low fat diets ?

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Geoff
KG Regular

So they can charge more for proper cheese and label it extra mature when they actually mean fit to eat.
Stephen
KG Regular

It is a bit of a mystery. I'd say the same of "mellow coffee".

They appear to be for people who don't like the product.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
retropants
KG Regular

I'm not sure either, only ever bought it by accident and then spent the week eating soap sandwiches.
robo
KG Regular

We bought some of the cheese with holes in it ,I was cutting a piece off when one of the holes fell on the floor I spent ages searching for it all to no avail
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You lot make me smile..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:We bought some of the cheese with holes in it ,I was cutting a piece off when one of the holes fell on the floor I spent ages searching for it all to no avail

it fell down the small drain, at which point it became grated

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

No drain anywhere near , I think the dog might have had it ,he very often gets himself in a hole
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

You could eat it with elephant garlic for an even more disappointing flavour experience.
Westi
KG Regular

Getting back to the topic!

Diane I love cheese! I used to stink out the car park area on the ferry back from France when I went over on the booze cruise with my mates many years ago! They got the booze & me too but not to the same extent - had to have room for the cheese! Now I don't have to travel quite so far. I am so pleased that the UK producers have come of age & are giving the French a run for their money. So many great types & while I appreciate there is a market for mild when introducing the children to it (or do you)?

Anyway taste is a subjective thing so can't criticise anyones choice, but know what I prefer!
Westi
Johnboy
KG Regular

Well done Westi! To bring back what could be a very good and interesting thread for discussion only to be trashed is something all to familiar on this forum. This forum used to be wonderful with good meaningful input to threads instead of smart arse quips to derail something in which they have no interest. If you do not have an opinion on a subject simply do not reply to it and allow those who have been put off posting by the smart arses and infantile comments. The long dark nights are approaching and there is so much to learn about growing that could be discussed but for too long the smart arse quips have ruined.
I congratulate Diane for her choice of subject and hope some serious thought can be transmitted and discussed without further derailment.
JB.
JB.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

It's good to see you keeping an eye on us Johnboy.
Our comments are our opinions on mild cheese even if they are light hearted.
You don't seem to have anything useful or interesting to say about cheese at all.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Johnboy, we certainly don't need a telling off from someone that doesn't contribute to the forum anymore.
So saying that, I miss hugely you not sharing your wealth of knowledge on horticulture, that you have built up through your life and as I have said before, you have probably forgotton more than I will ever learn.....

Maybe I should have started a new thread for this but, i'm hoping I'm wrong.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic