Autumn bits and bobs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

I wonder if today was the last cut of the grass for this year?
robo
KG Regular

Any one remember getting a free packet of yellow delight tomatoes early this year I think it was around March ,would you know roughly how many seeds were in the packet ,the reason is I had some as part of the six varieties I had in the pollytunnel and I was impressed with the taste especially with cheese , I normally keep the half used packets but I can't find any as I only had four plants I should have had seeds left
Geoff
KG Regular

You should have loads left - said 50 on the packet but mine was about 100.

Yellow Delight.jpg
Yellow Delight.jpg (252.71 KiB) Viewed 3778 times
robo
KG Regular

Cheers Geoff I will have to double check ,I've got seeds stored in a few places up to now I can't find them, I was impressed with the taste but I did not get as many on the trusses as I would like ,I have got them on my list for next year
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have to say, the Oak trees around here this year, look absolutely stunning with their golden leaves.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

We are also having a very colourful Autumn up here, though a lot of the leaves are now falling, but I enjoy the golden carpet too, I never clear the leaves in our garden, just let nature deal with it every year.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Primrose
KG Regular

The trouble with leaving leaves on paths you walk on regularly, , especially if you're older, is that when wet and rotting they can become very slippery and easily cause an individual to have a fall and break a leg or hip.

We had somebody fall badly on wet leaves outside one of our Council owned buildings last year and I think their legal department had visions of large £ signs in compensation flashing before their eyes. I noticed this morning the leaf blowers were out in action clearing up all the leaves and removing them.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Poor Cook has got Shingles on the right hand side of her face.....it does look painful, especially inside her eyelids.

Primrose
KG Regular

Thats miserable OH. I,ve heard of two or three people catching it recently. I think there must be another epidemic doing the rounds.
People in certain age groups, mainly the over 70's I think, can get a vaccination against it. Mr Primrose had a very bad attack years ago and ended up with Bellz Palsy and one side of his face paralysed for several days, which required electric shock treatment. It,s not a condition to be taken lightly. Keep and eye on her!

What are your cooking skills like ??
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I do try to do what I can to help, Primrose.....not a good cook at all though......
We went to the walk in clinic Sunday morning and he prescribed tablets and also made an appointment to see an eye Dr at the Hospital in the afternoon. Cook's face is more puffed today and I am a little concerned about that....if it is any worse in the morning, I will get her back to the Dr.

Westi
KG Regular

Oh OH!

Commiseration's to Cook! Well bloody painful & debilitating is shingles! If beans on toast is your only recipe, now is the time to smart it up with an egg on top. It does look & feel a lot worse before it gets better & facial is the worst as the face is full of nerves which are the pathways this little blighter uses which is why Primrose's hubby got Bell's Palsy & why you got referral to the eye doc.

Just go by instinct OH! If she looks & feels worse take her back!
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Thank you Westi, a bit of reassurance goes a long way.....and you can always find that on this wonderful forum.

Pa Snip
KG Regular

My turn to have thoughts for you and yours OH.

Hope the discomfort clears soon.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Monika
KG Regular

All the very best to cook, OH, and I hope she gets better soon.
robo
KG Regular

My daughter had bells palsy, I remember being in the A and E with her till around four in the morning one side of her face dropped she looked shocking she did recover but I could always see a slight difference in her face from one side to the other she was about thirty years old at the time I wish I could see it now, give your wife my best wishes OH
Locked Previous topicNext topic