Autumn bits and bobs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

It is 3° here and dull and the wind is picking up so it looks like we'll be getting the rain this afternoon. I'm bird watching in bed at the moment as, out of the blue, my hip has flared up with arthritis and I've hardly been able to walk since Sunday. I've had to get my crutches out that I came back from Thailand with when I'd torn my knee ligaments.

The birds seem to know there is bad weather coming as there are far larger numbers of everything on the feeders this morning. I wonder whether they can sense a change in atmospheric pressure? The barometer is falling steadily.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Plumpudding, my hip is being really troublesome too, it just seems to be settling down, then I do something at work, to set it off again....it does make everything seem hard work, doesn't it.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Have you tried Rose hip Syrup :D , you must have some fresh rosehips in the garden

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Well if we ignore my arthritic knee, between us we might collate enough viable body parts to do some gardening, although with the current rain pouring down, I'd be skiving off in the greenhouse with a blanket and a good book!. Those who are forced to work outdoors in this miserable weather have my sympathy.

I see Pa is sporting his sunny sunflower identity to cheer us up. Pity the weather forecasters aren't taking any notice of it. It's all very well sending a probe to Mars, and I don't deny the amount of scientific research that has been involved, but right now a cure for arthritis might be more of a vote winner for those of us who are having to live with it!
Last edited by Primrose on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robo
KG Regular

Totally agree primrose ,I've got it in both knees and toes my right shoulder and right thumb but I'm in better shape than my wife who has now got stage four cancer and multiple shadows on both lungs life is hard and frustrating at times , rain and gale force winds here but it's a balmy 3 degrees
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Please, please, please, no replies to this....
Found out today that i've got Prostate Cancer...A bit annoying as the Dr didn't do a PSA test 2 years ago and the Hospital lost half of my previous biopsies 6 months ago but, there we have it, so got to make the decision of having an operation to remove my Prostate, or go down the Radiotherapy route, or do nothing, I suppose....but think it will be the operation route.

But now to the reason for posting this. If I had got this news a few years ago, I just know it would have been like a hammer blow and I would have been in a right state but, thank you to someone on here, that has shown bravery to a different level to what I have ever seen before, I took the news really calmly and even managed a few smiles and a laugh with the Consultant and wonderful Nurse...

So thank you, dear Par Snip, I said you changed the way I look at life and I don't think you can get more proof than that.

I didn't think I could be any more perfect on my outlook on life but, it seemed Pa Snip had different ideas... :) :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

OH. My thoughts are with you. shallotman.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Sorry OH but I have to reply

Your post makes the stick I have taken from two or three members about my style of posting on the subject worthwhile, I am just sorry you have had cause to post it

I don't think you stand much chance of people not replying to be honest, you are too well liked on this forum for people not to wish you well

Now keep up the humour with the consultants, doctors and nurses as well as your family and friends, they all need their days lightening at times. They need to know which way you are dealing with it

I shall leave this mortal plain feeling I finally achieved something worthwhile

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

My thoughts are with you at this time.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Primrose
KG Regular

Dear OH,
I rarely do as I'm told and this is an occasion in point. I'm very sorry to hear your news but hope you will be able to live with it and share your feelings with your family. Some things we cannot change in life but by sharing them, we can make living with them a little easier.
peter
KG Regular

oh, bugger!
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Diane
KG Regular

Dear OH - I'm ignoring your plea and would like to say how sorry to hear your news and I hope you get better medical treament than you have in the past. Life certainly is so unpredictable indeed. I'm thinking of everyone here who is suffering ill health and misfortune and hope some cheer comes your way.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
retropants
KG Regular

not repsonding specifically to OH's post (coz that would be naughty), but I'm just sending out a hug to whoever might need one today x
Westi
KG Regular

Well said Primrose!

I believe it does make it easier that people on forums are unknown, you can gain a different perspective from strangers, they don't know you or you them so they (& you) are empowered to say things that isn't wrapped in fancy bows & paper - just a bit of truth & support. We hide things from people we know as we still want to protect them despite wanting the biggest hug ourselves. We are that hug I hope, not as good as the real thing but sincere!
Westi
Gerry
KG Regular

O.H. I'm thinking of you, but what you must do is KEEP POSITIVE.
Locked Previous topicNext topic