Bucket list....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

.......I'm about to tick off another item on my bucket list.

I've already done a scary zip wire ride, at the Eden Project. It was so exciting. So.... our daughter has booked me a voucher for a tandem sky dive. Woo hoo.....not sure when it's going to happen yet but I'll keep you posted, always providing I'm still in one piece on landing. :lol:

Anyone else got a bucket list? What's on yours?

I draw the line at white water rafting or abseiling though...(oh...I don't know though ).
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
tigerburnie
KG Regular

No likst as I do a lot of daft things most weeks, see bust hamstring whilst climbing a Munroe mountain a couple of months back(seems I should know better at my age).
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
robo
KG Regular

My wife once won a plane flight I'm talking about the small single engine paper planes, the week before the due day the pilot crashed killing himself she never got round to collecting her prize
Pa Snip
KG Regular

go for it Diane. Do keep us informed on the jump.
Sounds like you should be visiting that long zipwire at one of the former slate quarries in North Wales.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

No bucket list for me ! Just waking up every morning and find that my OH and I are are still alive and kicking is an adequate bucket list for me. Being a total physical coward ai havw no desire to abseil, jump out of aeroplanes, or any other crazy stuff.
Sounds tediously boring but i actually get a lot of pleasure doing some of the really simple things in life so don't need the big gestures - actually the truth is I don,t have enough pairs of brown trousers to service them ! :lol: (Thats my excuse anyway!,)
Westi
KG Regular

Agree Primrose!

I'm not brave at all & take my pleasure from the simple things that don't risk life & limb. Hey it's a limited life span without mega heights or speed! But I have No.1 on my 'bucket list' - want to see the white buck in the New Forest, the rest are personal challenges - grow this, meet this person, find more about this or that. I have friends who have seen the white buck & I drag Mr Westi out of bed to go to that spot but he is an illusive beast! Wouldn't mind the black panther type thing re-visiting the hedgerow at the back of lottie to get a pic & prove I wasn't hallucinating - but it was pretty scary at the time & I'm not as nimble jumping fences! :)
Westi
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Life is precarious enough at the moment without tempting fate, but I've made a new rule to do things instead of thinking I would like to go somewhere and then forgetting all about it.
Stephen
KG Regular

I'm not a fan of these lists but...
I have long wanted to visit orangutans and gorillas in the wild but I do have misgivings about eco-tourism. I suspect I would do more good with a simple donation
One ambition which will almost certainly never be fulfilled is to design (with an architect's help) and build a house. Grand Designs stuff but you don't need to ser many episodes to realise what folly these projects usually are.

But heart vs head is one of life's constant battles, rarely do they align well. Such a shame, isn't it?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Monika
KG Regular

No bucket lists for us either. If we did, our aspirations would be very limited, like seeing the sea once more, east coast or west coast, no matter, or just having a leisurely walk round Harlow Carr or even just scrambling up the rocky crag which overlooks our village...... Just like Primrose, still being here and (moderately) sane is a prize to be achieved.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic