Top 50 posters

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

As it has been relatively quiet over the last week I thought I would be curious and spend a bit pf time looking at who has been posting .

It of course means nothing and is just a snapshot of one brief moment in time and will change as people join in or stop posting for whatever reason.

Turning the tables on Oldherbaceous, he is to be warmly congratulated on his position at top of the table, well done matey. outstanding support of the forum

Member ………….Posts Since Joining
1. oldherbaceous 11492

2 alan refail 6852

3 Primrose 5800

4 Johnboy 5792

5 Chantal 5549

6 peter 5339

7 Geoff 4404

8 Monika 3691

9 Westi 3551

10 Tigger 3227

11 PLUMPUDDING 3153

12 Pa Snip 2838

13 Nature's Babe 2471

14 lizzie 2333

15 glallotments 2169

16 Ricard with an H 2145

17 Shallot Man 1954 plus 1 :lol:

18 robo 1761

19 John 1592

20 Beryl 1590

21 richard p 1566

22 Clive. 1503

23 Catherine 1421

24 Allan 1354

25 jopsy 1332

26 Diane 1313

27 retropants 1248

28 Compo 1238

29 Elaine 1207

30 Colin_M 1182

31 Jenny Green 1139

32 Parsons Jack 1075

33 Colin Miles 1010

34 Motherwoman 1002

35 donedigging 963

36 The Grock in the Frock 928

37 Mike Vogel 866

38 FelixLeiter 831

39 tigerburnie 827

40 Cider Boys 818

41 Site Admin KGAdmin 779

42 Bren 768

43 Arnie 729

44 pigletwillie 723

45 The Mouse 705

46 snooky 691

47 Tony Hague 620

48 Pawty 603

49 Weed 582

50 pongeroon 581
Last edited by Pa Snip on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Diane
KG Regular

That's a brilliant piece of research. Note to self....must try harder.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Pa Snip. I demand a recount. :wink:
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:lol: One (and only) amendment made. Afraid it does not alter your position on the table though. :roll:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

How embarrassing, quite noisey aren't I..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Well that proves my point Pa. I,ve obviously been too busy on this forum to tick off my bucket list by throwing myself out of aeroplanes, abseiling down Mount Everest or swimming the Atlantic !

congratulation to OH. He also has another vey commendable trait Ie. he's the earliest person to get up every morning to remind the rest of us about the Birthday Boys and Girls !
Monika
KG Regular

An interesting list, Pa Snip. It's strange though how many people are very active posters for a while and then disappear ..... I recognised most of the names and can even recall some of their posts, so please come back!
And hear-hear to Primrose's praise of OH - we all love you, OH!
Westi
KG Regular

That kind of proves we are not inclusive, 50 people have joined & posted loads, dropped off & some came back & I kind of expect some more might.

If some of 'the viewers' would be brave enough to ask a question, comment on any old thing on general chat or post some pics, share a recipe or a trick to beat bindweed/mare's tail it would be great! No need to be shy, none of us bite, some regular posters are professionals & have incredible credentials, so could help you, all of us accept times are different & we can gain knowledge & improve our yield by your means! Come on take the challenge! Gardening & growing is addictive & we are nearly anoraks together - don't worry it's anonymous as well! :)
Westi
retropants
KG Regular

I can't believe I made the top thirty! There's some blast from the past names there too!
Stephen
KG Regular

Westi
You can probably count me amongst the "joined but disappeared".
Why? Slightly tricky but I'll try.
- I don't feel I know enough to advise others. I may have had the allotment for a dozen years but I still need to look things up. The only innovation I have made is that I often prune the soft fruit bushes as I pick (it seems to work)
- My home forum is that of the Lotus Seven Club. I am a member of the management team of the club so feel very much at home there. I feel like a visitor here.
- Maybe I'm doing a bit less gardening.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
WestHamRon
KG Regular

I joined Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:46 pm
I posted quite a lot soon after, looking for information.
I don't post very often now as I don't use the site as a "friends get-together".
Westi
KG Regular

But here you are Stephen, so still reading the posts even if not contributing as such! We don't get many questions about growing now days as the mag seems to cover that nicely in different issues & from different sources. Now & again though a question is asked, but it's not what you know or the mag tells us is right, but what works for you - very different things even if Percy will be turning in his grave! :)

Pop in now & again, tell us a bit about your Lotus Seven Club, this is General Chat after all & you may well be surprised who has an interest on here & a story or so about someone who did? I think though you hit the nail on the head about visitor or at home on the site, that maybe is what is stopping folk posting? And so few posts from overseas growers? Maybe FB has stolen them all? Maybe KG needs to outreach further & even have an edition for the Southern hemisphere? Who knows?

Nice to hear from you again & cheers for the tip about cutting down as I harvest, will make that job a lot less tedious if I do that rather than wait & then gain the courage to tackle that big bed!
Westi
Westi
KG Regular

Hi WestHamRon!

'Friends get together'? I personally don't know any of these people & am not posting & replying to make them friends. I'm just trying to keep the forum open. I personally feel this is the better mag & don't understand why the forum is so slow & limited, but your thoughts may be the answer! There are so few of us so others so do think we have created a 'private club'! I'd be happy to move off & not post but then maybe it would be doomed! Rock & hard place comes to mind.

Maybe a big relaunch by KG & everyone start afresh? Personally I haven't a clue, just doing what I can as I've taken advice from folk on here that has helped me, got bitten a couple of times for being silly - initially pissed but read again, learnt things I've not seen before & taken advice from farmers, business men & newbies alike! Cheers WHR! Not for me but in the vain hope the admin are reading this!
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Well said, Westi! I have said in the past that the magazine should make a bigger case for this forum. The more recent excerpts have been from rather long time ago. I have learnt an awful lot here over the years and, not least, enjoyed the occasional banter,
tigerburnie
KG Regular

I've not been on here that long, joined after my wife bought the magazine and I find it a nice place to visit, I try and contribute a bit and also learn from the kind folk that post on here.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic