Top 50 posters

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

Like most on here I joined to learn just after getting our plot ,I did grow vegetables but it was a few years ago I kept on growing in our greenhouse but we had a ten year spell when life was just about work no time for anything but work seven days a week three of them seven in the morning till eleven at night ,then retirement came I decided to start growing again i find it a very friendly forum if I'm stuck with a problem the answer is somewhere on it just have to search
Clive.
KG Regular

Surprised to see my name :) .....reckon I'll be slipping down the ratings...as I don't appear here much these days. Day job keeps me busy to say the least and back garden at home is rapidly slipping :(

C.
Clive.
KG Regular

....although should add that I've just tucked into some of my Radeo peas served with bought ready prepped co-op new potatoes to accompany Boston Sausage... I note co-op are not yet stocking radeo peas :) :)

C.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

They are very nice peas Clive. I'm still growing them and saving the seeds. I think Johnboy sent me the originals. Pity he no longer joins us on the forum.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I think Clive ws the original supplier and very kind of him it was too.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Yes OH, he said he got them from here but I couldn't remember if he said Clive or Peter. I've got some saved for next year.
Stephen
KG Regular

Westi
The other comment I should make is that my friends in the IT business say that all forums are in decline. All loose out to the behemoth which is FaceAche. It is so hard to compete with a free offering which has endless (or somewhere close to endless) money to spend on development.
I tried it, both for the town's communities (inevitably there is more than one) as well as to look at the Lotus Seven groups who are competing directly with our own forum.
I soon got sick and tired of it, partly because so many posts are simple self-agrandisement, so many are simply inane or inconsequential, then there are the specious and bizarre ones. All cluttering up daily life. Then unless you are really careful and switch almost every facility off, the site nags at you like a rather needy four or five year old, who refuses to be ignored.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic