Sometimes you're so glad about particular people!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Last year we didn't have an annual Show, our Show Secretary moved away and everyone else had too many prior commitments to take over.
We relaunched this year, a fair few show Virgins turned up and we gained some new members.
About fifteen exhibitors, some with just one entry.

Our old friend John, a past winner of the national allotment show and a vegetable show judge, has always entered a slew of classes and did do this year, something we are so thankful for.

His car full of entries made our show into an actual show, bless him. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Not trying to blow my own trumpet at all but, quite a few years ago when I first started taking veg along for the harvest festival, two full barrow loads, the Lady that used to set it all up, (but who has now sadly passed away) said, "now it will be like a true harvest festival again"! It was just one of those special sentences, that made you think you had made a difference.....Hope John still gets that nice feeling....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Nothing like keeping the lovely old country traditions alive! . Harvest festivals are not really the same when most of the donated good consist of tins of baked beans and jars of raspberry jam from the supermarket.
Diane
KG Regular

I remember well the harvest festivals...from eons ago...when I was little. The school stage piled high with heaps of of marrows, homemade bread and jams, home picked fruit, bouquets of green veg...all smelt lovely and wholesome. A tin of beans would have been thought appropriate then...and I think it's still inappropriate. Ah...those were the days....(slipping into a golden reverie of nostalgia).
Attachments
harvest festival.jpg
harvest festival.jpg (6.59 KiB) Viewed 2617 times
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It still happens here, Diane, just on a smaller scale.....still the tins and packets of stuff and to make it worse, most of them are out of date....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic