Late Summer Bit and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Blimey it feels like I just bought the October issue. When is the November one in the shops?

Coincidently in the Oct issue I decided to master scanning the square to check that out - got a nice picture of the dotty square but no date! I believe overall that adventure into technologically was a fail - oops! On the same vain I attended a training course last week on Twitter (lots of NHS stuff on Twitter). Understood it, embraced it, hyped up to post on it - couldn't download the app! :) :)
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

lots of NHS stuff on Twitter

That explains a lot - the clue's in the name!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Mine came this week Westi, and I must admit I've not finished reading the October one yet. There were some good articles in it and I've tried a few of the recipes. Very handy reminders about preserving your crops. Looking forward to reading the new one.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Just had a look at the November issue and liked the sound of the Carrot, seed and spelt rolls, unfortunately it doesn't mention how much carrot to put in it, in fact it doesn't mention carrot at all.

Could K.G. give us the full recipe please?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I notice not many acorns on the oak trees .
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Funny you should mention that, Shallot Man, a lot of baron trees here too but, one that is absolutely loaded...very strange.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

The lack of acorns and chestnuts must be a southern problem there are tons of both up here. The jays and squirrels are having a field day. Masses of hazel nuts too, in fact there seems to be so much that there are still some on the trees as though they've more than they can eat.

Talking about nuts, does anyone know how to remove walnut stains? My rubber glove got a hole in it when I was taking the husks off this afternoon and I've got a dark brown thumb and nail. Not very pretty.
Primrose
KG Regular

shelling walnuts is definitely an unholed rubber glove job. I sometimes forage walnuts from the wild with their husks still on so have suffered similar problems in the past. Afraid to admrit that I haven't found any quick solution. Perhaps that explains why all the squirrels one our local park seem to be wearing black moustaches recently !
Primrose
KG Regular

Ps I just Googled this and apparently lemon juice helps!
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Thanks Primrose, I've just looked it up too and one suggestion was lemon juice followed by vegetable oil. I imagine the lemon juice will sting when it gets down my nail.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Nasty black thumb.
Attachments
20180930_195358.jpg
20180930_195358.jpg (255.47 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
Locked Previous topicNext topic