Thank you !

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

This is an embarrassed Thank You as I can't remember now who it was who recommended Prima Bella cordon cherry tomatoes to me earlier in the season as a potentially blight resistant variety.
I bought a packet to try (5 seeds for £2.50 which is rather expensive in my book). Thankfully I,ve had no blight to date to test them in that respect but I,ve grown 5 plants and have been delighted with them. The flavour is excellent and they are far more prolific than my Gardeners Delight which have had a disappointingly low yield this year. (perhapsthe RHS were correct in removing their award from them?)

However I do seem to recall Prima Bella may have been an F1 variety which may not reproduce true to form next year. I'm still going to save some seed anyway and and test them out. I,ve also grown Ferline . (Another F1 variety) this year, both fresh from the packet and from saved seed and haven,t been able to tell the difference.

Maybe I,ve just been lucky because we've a hot season and no blight (so far ??)
Geoff
KG Regular

Primrose
KG Regular

Geoff thank you! And a big "thank you to Barry" who recommended them. The other red cherry sized tomatoes I grow ( although these Prima Bella are slightly larger as Barry also commented last year ) are Tumbling Tom which ripen earlier but their flavour is nowhere so good in my opinion.
I,ve also been getting up to 12 fruits per truss on the Prima Bella. Have saved some seeds today and will definitely grow them again next year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic