Sizzling Summer Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Gerry
KG Regular

Yes Robo, I too hope the outcome is the one you wish for. Staying possitive helps a lot.

My wife was declaired cancer free two years ago but unfortunatly I have now been diagnosed. A week today I'm being admitted for a stent to be inserted to cure an embalism then when that is healed I will start radiotherapy.
Primrose
KG Regular

Gerry, that is a blow you could have done without. Hope the your stent insertion goes smoothly and that the radiotherapy works its magic. It,s hard to focus on other things when these issues take prominence in your daily routine. Good luck !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Wishing you well Gerry

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

All the best Gerry!

There are people on here fighting the fight & others supporting those that are so I'm sure they won't mind you messaging them when you need a bit of anonymous support & have questions! We may be small but are supportive!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

Hope all comes good gerry you never relies how precious life is until you have a scare
robo
KG Regular

This year I thought I would have a go at growing pumpkins instead of courgettes as the last few years I've had my fill of them,three weeks ago we went on a canal boating holiday with two of our granddaughters then we had a week in our caravan ,I checked everything the day before we set off ,the four pumpkins i have planted had one little thing on them about two inches in diameter on returning last week I was gob smacked i counted ten football size pumpkins another one hidden in the middle of the four plants was all on two feet in diameter, i thought I could make a bit of pumpkin soup as somebody told me it was nice the way this lot is growing i think I will have to open a salvation army style soup kitchen
Gerry
KG Regular

Thank you all so much for your kind words.

Regards,
Gerry.
Monika
KG Regular

Only just read your messages, Gerry - very best wishes to you and your wife!
Gerry
KG Regular

Thank you Monika.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

MattW, apologies for the delay in replying
'Would you mind sharing which one? I’ve been looking at some but wasn’t sure which reviews to trust?
Thanks in advance'
I have a ClimeMET weather checker. It tells me temp in and out, humidity in and out, air pressure, trend for sun-cloud-rain, sunset and sunrise, date, and time. It has a little outdoor temp sensor which talks to the one indoors, both battery powered. We have stone walls which are tricky with devices that need to talk to each other so positioned it carefully so that it can go through the door! Had to do a latitude longitude reset when I had to replace the batteries in the main unit, but it seems reliable.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well done Motherwoman.....1000 posts.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Oooo... so it was! I didn't notice. Oh dear ruined it now....
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Today I felt very brave and got stuck in to the top bed on my allotment which has got 'out of control'! Our plots renew on 1st Sept and they usually inspect shortly afterwards so it's got to be done. I had some fruit bushes, and herbs in it and I've come to the conclusion that I need to take it back to veg so that it gets dug every year to clean it up. So I started right at the top and cleaned around the shed which sits in the corner of the bed and I thought the bindweed was never ending as it had gone under the shed, reminded me of the children's story of the enormous turnip! I just kept pulling.
Geoff
KG Regular

My Summer's lost its sizzle.
Lunches for two Winter months have lost the treat of a Blenheim Orange. Too old to plant a new one? Broke my pick axe handle today. Pruned the blackcurrants then spotted tomorrow's Gardener's World (not as if I would have taken much notice). Half full, half empty, hmmmm?

IMG_4098_R.jpg
IMG_4098_R.jpg (895.27 KiB) Viewed 6167 times
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now that's annoying and upsetting, Geoff.....I would put another one in, it will make you feel better, if nothing else.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic