RAF CENTENARY FLY PAST

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Primrose
KG Regular

Mainly for Pa snip and those in our neck of the woods but should be a sight worth seeing or at least spotting a plane or two if you're planning to be anywhere the vicinity on Tuesday July 10th..

http://www.cityam.com/288521/raf-centen ... -watch-and
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thanks for the thought Primrose.

I have already worked out where I hope to be able to get a good view. Sure to be a case of needing to get there early I think

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

I think it will certainly be a spectacular sight and with so few of these very old aircraft now still flying, perhaps one of the few remaining opportunities to see them. One elderly gentleman told me not long ago that seeing a Spitfire flying is still one of the rare events that has the capacity to reduce him to tears, or the minimum of a a very big lump in his throat.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Report in newspaper said that Heathrow flights, both in and out, will stop for 20 minutes later today whilst the flypast takes place.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Primrose
KG Regular

Wish we could have a flypast more often then!
I guess they had no alternative really. Too great a risk of an accident with a lot of extra aircraft invading normal air space.
Certainly looks as if it's good flying weather for it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic