The Harvest begins!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've picked my first strawberries today which highlights how much later we are In Yorkshire than further south. There's a really good crop of large berries but they are very slow to ripen this year.
robo
KG Regular

I've picked my third lot today ,last year we had two lots then they were finished for the season this year they are ripening slowly
Geoff
KG Regular

We have a serious surplus of Calabrese but still I don't think so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... _yc_low_c3
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Ugh. I don't like frothy coffee anyway but wouldn't dream of putting broccoli powder in it or any non savoury food. I thought the idea of eating more fruit and veg. was to get fresh vitamins and minerals and roughage. Wouldn't turning it into powder defeat the object?

People do have odd ideas.
robo
KG Regular

I think it's about selling broccoli , I don't have a problem with my five a day I start off with Apple's usually put through a press then yeast added ,I wonder if one of the fruit cider like strawberry of raspberry would be two of my five a day
Pa Snip
KG Regular

DSC_0524.JPG
DSC_0524.JPG (106.67 KiB) Viewed 1420 times

We picked 12lb 120zs of Cambridge Favourite Strawberries today.That makes just over 20lb in 5 days with at least another 10 > 15lb still to be picked

I am told they are yummmmm this year (they usually have been in previous years) however this time I cannot taste them............boo hoo !!!

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic