Alliums - Flower ones though - Soz!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

The Summer Drummers kept on growing with the biggest over 6 feet, the flowers have been very slow to open and are a bit of a disappointment really, might be the season of course.

IMG_4089_R.jpg
IMG_4089_R.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 2079 times
Primrose
KG Regular

The flower heads on mine seem to get slightly smaller every year Geoff, although as you say it could be the lack of rain. Also these seem to quite late flowering ones compared to mine which had all finished flowering by the end of June.
I think we,ll all have to count this year as a bit of an unreliable benchmarker when it comes to the performance of individual plants or species. The heat and dry weather is causing all kinds of aberrations to occur.

Nice blaze of colour though - most of my perennials have finished flowering though now so not much colour to look forward to for the rest of summer and autumn.
Westi
KG Regular

No show from any, but still diligently watering them! On reflection I should have just left it to nature but will see! Lots of dried flowerhead scattered in the garden as well! Yep PP - it is fun to experiment, sometimes I even get lucky! :)
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic