House Insurance.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Just had my House/Contents renewal come through. 25% dearer than last year. Politely told them where to go.Went on-line found one almost the same price as last year. Then out of mild curiosity went on-line to my soon to be last Insurance Company, low and behold they quoted my the same as last year. Still moving.
Geoff
KG Regular

Try 3XD insurance.
Diane
KG Regular

It's just turning into a merrygoround with all these different insurance quotes.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Insurance companies and banks dont value loyal customers and seem to think you won't notice when they put their prices up or reduce their interest rates to sod all after a year.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

I understand it is now law that they have to show last year's premium also. This is what opened my eye's.
Tony Hague
KG Regular

My car insurance renewal just over a year ago seemed expensive. I'm going to name and shame Direct Line. Much the same cover from Lloyds was half the price ! Just had the renewal from Lloyds for next year, only about £1 increase since last year. Obviously not been with them long enough yet to fall into the "mug worthy of fleecing" category.

Same sort of behaviour from the RAC. Had their recovery service for 30 years, before deciding this was getting too expensive. Much cheaper quote from the AA - call RAC to say I'm leavung and suddenly they can match the AA price and throw in extras free.

I stayed with the RAC, but may well switch to the AA in future after the kind way they responded when I called to take my Dad's membership off auto-renewal because he had given up driving. They wished him well, and refunded the current year's membership in full even though it was 2 months into the year already. That's more like it.
Gerry
KG Regular

I'm very old fashioned. I've used the same insurance broker for the last twenty years.

It may be a little bit more expensive BUT....

A few years ago we had a bad leak in the loft, which brought a bedroom ceiling down, the day before we were going abroad on holiday. I contacted my broker and arranged where a key could be obtained from. Lo and behold, when we returned from holiday the job was done.

Now isn't that good service.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic