Glorious Spring Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

To hot here yesterday I gave up at around 12-30 ish then our latest granddaughter came visiting and that put paid to the rest of the afternoon she is a 7 month old bundle of smiles and screams
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Blimey heat in Scotland, on the East side and in May, had to get the hose pipe out
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
vivienz
KG Regular

I've cleared out our utility room (which is actually more of a small UPVC conservatory used for the tumble dryer and freezer) and put up 2 sets of greenhouse staging. I've potted on about 100 sunflowers that were germinated on windowsills, pricked out lettuces, sown tenderstem broccoli, romanseco cauliflower, mixed spicy salad leaves. Also potted up various strawberry plants into large self watering trough. I really, really need a kitchen garden!
Primrose
KG Regular

Got the hose reel connected up today. With all this forecast heat over the next few days I can't be lugging around heavy watering cans full of water to keep my newly sown seed rows moist. And two rat boxes rebaited as I've twice spotted a rat in the garden this week and don't want it peeing all over my vegetable patch.

I planted out my cucumbers and courgettes under cloches. Hope it isn't too early but they were letting leggy so fingers crossed.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I know we can't catch up with the time lost but, it's a nice feeling to be catching up with some of the jobs....although i have come in from the Sun for a while...
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Another fine, sunny & hot day down here, but I had to change all my 'To Do' plans as dog was too interested in the building of another arch & wouldn't stay under the tree. What the heck! Anyway that bit over near the plum tree was well weedy anyway & it looks pretty good now! Only a small bit to weed in the Artichoke bed & all done on both plots! (Then to start again until things grow up & smother the weeds)!

Watered when I got down at 8'ish & then again just before I left as back to work tomorrow! :( :( I did get a better week off than my last though!
Westi
peter
KG Regular

Today I are mostly bin on the allotment! :shock:

Strimmed main and my path edges plus half a vacant plots. The tide is ebbing out again, no waiting list for the town and vacant plots on all bar the two smallest, twenty rod each, sites.b :? Mowed the same, then weeded a rod by trowel and sprayed the persistent annual weeds that throw themselves in from the path each year.

Damn hot today. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Diane
KG Regular

Today I've been mostly watching my carniverous critters catching flies. :roll:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Another fan of the fast show here who are mostly been dodging rain showers by planting out my tomatoes into their final spots inside the greenhouse
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Had to go to Hospital for a Prostate Biopsy yesterday, not the most pleasant experience i have ever had but, had a jolly good laugh and made the wonderful team there, laugh a lot....feeling a little tender this morning!!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

12 hours continuous rain and it's still steadily coming down, think I can put the hose away for a while now.
Westi
KG Regular

Today I had to crack down & get the bean tunnel arches completed as the wee chaps that will adorn it are sneaking up. Two things wrong with that plan, firstly second arch did not play & took twice as long to put up than anticipated, fortunately the third was more obliging. Secondly, there were lots of weeds which I found hard to ignore, but I did, well mostly anyway. ;) It would be wrong to harvest the asparagus without whipping out the weeds there now wouldn't it?
Westi
jeff64
KG Regular

Had a morning on the allotment, gave it all a good helping of nemaslug,first time i have used it ,it will be interesting to see if it does work.
Gerry
KG Regular

Hope all is well OH. I've been for same procedure this morning.

We could start a club......or a new subject on here.

Regards,
Gerry.
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Can I join? I have an enlarged prostate been taking tablets for years
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic