Glorious Spring Bits and Bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

21 degrees here .....yay.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Geoff
KG Regular

Took a while to get out from a grey start but despite the sometimes strong breeze it as managed 18.6. Herbaceous borders starting to look something like as a result though there are a few bodies left to see if they do make it. Euphorbias in particular seem to have taken a beating. Lots of bumble bees and two butterflies on the heathers.
Westi
KG Regular

It's still 17 degrees here & not a cloud in the sky! The bog at the back (aka the lawn) is drying out nicely and I may be able to tackle it in the next day or so. Can't wait to retire & not stare out the window wondering what I could be doing on lottie!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Whoppee! Dug my shorts out of their winter mothball storage and gave my pale legs a touch of sunshine! . And finally managed to get a coat of wood stain on a fence - a chore which has been pending all winter because it,s always been too wet to coat it.

Everything is so far behind on the planting front. Have just noted on my planting record that on this dqte last year I planted out all my kohl rabi seedlings. This year I only sowed them about four days ago. Let,s hope for some reliable weather and lots of sunshine from now on so things can catch up.
Colin2016
KG Regular

Well done Primrose, you beat me to it regards the shorts...Never mind there is always tomorrow if the promised sea mist rises quickly
Gerry
KG Regular

You are all very lucky.
Relentless rain all day yesterday with mist in the morning.
Today not much better, thick fog and at 10.30am only 10c in the pollytunnel and the greenhouse managed 14c.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Things will work out in the end, Gerry, i'm sure you will get good weather, while we have bad weather, another time.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

AT LAST !!!!
Managed to get some work done on plot put in two rows each of first earlies, Lady CristL and Sharpes Express. = 60 tubers.
by lunchtime it was too hot for me to carry on, my legs now telling me I've done some work.... just about holding me up.
Alien also giving me gyp

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Seen the first cabbage white of the year today I hope it's not a sign of things to come
Geoff
KG Regular

Don't forget the proper gardening programme, Beechgrove, comes back tonight - BBC2 Scotland, 970 on my Freesat don't know about other platforms.
Monika
KG Regular

Willow warbler and garden warbler singing, the first of the year!
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Nature puts on a show at Balgavies Loch
BM1K6859.JPG
BM1K6859.JPG (462.43 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

All the years we have been married, I never realised our Anniversary was on Hitler's Birthday..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I wouldn,t remind Cook of that OH. She probably has enough to contend with being married to you :lol:
I,m sure if you google your anniversary date you’ll come up with some alternative preferential options ...just in case you’re in danger of foegetting the date!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Completely poleaxed tonight. Spent from 08:45 until 13:45 on plot doing some weeding and then got rotavator out. Alien now constantly letting me know it is flexing its powers.

DSC_0431.JPG
DSC_0431.JPG (262.77 KiB) Viewed 4458 times

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic