Sign of age

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Shallot Man
KG Regular

Picking strawberry's this morning, knee joints creaking as though there is no tomorrow,. taking glucosamine & sulphate not helping a lot. I suppose being in my 80,s don't help. Any idea's gratefully accepted. :( :( :(
Geoff
KG Regular

I had mine x-rayed a couple of weeks ago, I'll let you know if they come up with any advice!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Geoff wrote:I had mine x-rayed a couple of weeks ago, I'll let you know if they come up with any advice!

Thanks Geoff. Been told FENBID GEL [on Doctors prescription only ] is quiet good. :( :(
robo
KG Regular

I'm disabled with arthritis in my knees and feet , I've tried the cortisone injections it lasted one week in my right knee did nothing to the other, I was prescribed anti inflammatory pills these worked but when I had a heart attack they were immediately stopped seems they can cause heart problems now I just have painkillers and live with it but it is painful when I'm down the plot I work for ten minutes then rest for ten
But I still manage to get things done
Pa Snip
KG Regular

:lol: What a bunch of decrepit gents and ladies we are between us.

Wonder if we took all our parts we could make up one good one between us :D

Keep smiling folks, even if your teeth are missing :lol:

At least we manage to keep going and enjoy the fruits of our difficult labours.

:D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

My knees are about the only bit that still work ok lol.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've had dodgy knees and ankle and hip etc for ages. I bend from the waist instead. I did yoga for years so am still quite supple apart from arthritic bits. I can't take glucosamine or cod liver oil at the moment and must say I've not noticed any difference. I do apply quite a bit of Ibuprofen gel when necessary though. Best treatment is to keep moving so they don't seize up but not overdo it.

Mine seems to be affected by the weather too, doesn't like cold and damp, so quite good at the moment.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Maybe. Just maybe we should be taken to the nearest vet and put down. :wink: :wink:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I have one part of me that is still fully functional, although i think Cook would rather it wasn't at times.... :wink: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I have one part of me that is still fully functional, although i think Cook would rather it wasn't at times.... :wink: :)

The power of speech is a dangerous thing with a cook, boiled tongue may be the result. :lol:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Monika
KG Regular

Shallot Man, many years ago when my OH and I were still in our prime, an acquaintance (who knew what she was talking about) advised us to take a maximum strength codliver oil capsule every day and we have done so. And I must admit, it has worked. Neither of us has knee problems in the garden and I (80 this year) go to a very vigorous weekly exercise class where I do a lot of leg work including star jumps and the like without any pain or creaking.
Geoff
KG Regular

Doctor rang this afternoon to say she had got the x-rays back and they showed arthritis and wear and tear damage so I wasn't imagining it! Didn't offer much encouragement, says intensive physio can help (agrees with Monika I think) so I've said I'll give it a go.
I was once asked if I had my own teeth so I answered "yes, bought and paid for".
tigerburnie
KG Regular

My wife suffers from rheumatoid and osteoarthritis she finds pernatron green lipped muscle cream helps with joint pain.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Colin2016
KG Regular

I moved from a city to the coast 3 years ago. Whilst in the city there were many times my knees would not work due to arthritis. Since moving I have not had one bout of pain that has stopped me moving, it’s been niggley but not stopped me from moving about.
Wonder if being far more active has also helped, as never did gardening before.
Westi
KG Regular

Tiger your post brought back memories!

I was raised by my Nana & she had a bit of arthritis & slowed down, but I bought her Green lipped mussel tablets
as well (Quite new on the market then obviously & research not via Mr Google) but that & some acupuncture helped her enormously & she could out hoe me anytime!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic