Early Summer bits and bobs - 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Planted out
    The 24 climbing French beans that actually germinated
    Four tomatoes
    Forty assorted squash
    Twelve cauliflowers
Beans don't half take a while, Canes, tieing, planting, tieing in, watering, slug pellets. :?

Dug up and ate my first potatoes of this season, Foremost and they were delicious. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
retropants
KG Regular

planted my peppers into the greenhouse border (finally!!) and my mother was very keen to dig up some second earlies, and she got a few for her and dad's tea! also picked some redcurrants, I think they are earlier than usual.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

I am often asked, by both medics and friends, how I have managed to remain looking so healthy and defied medical predictions given the illness I have.

Apart from the exercise I get working the plot, digging, bending and being out in the open air I also have an exercise regime which involves plot produce and some of you may find works for you.

Start by standing somewhere where you have plenty of room both at the sides and front.

With a 5lb potato bag in each hand extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach one full minute and then relax.
Gradually you will find that each day you will find it easier to hold the position. Do not exceed one minute.

After a couple of weeks move up to 10lb bags and hold your arms up directly in front of you for up to a minute each day

Once you feel completely comfortable doing this move on to holding one 50lb potato bag with both hands, again stretching your arms up level in front of you. Hold the position for as many seconds as you can up to 60secs max: (this is the level I am at)

As soon as you feel confident enough to do so move on to the next stage by putting a potato in each bag ..... :roll: :lol:

(As an aside, I am booked in for Op on this coming Friday where they are going to try and cut away some of the Alien before it stops me breathing)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Breezy and cloudy, threatening rain, so I nipped out and cut the grass, that's my daily exercise done lol.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

Good Luck for Friday Pa! Hope it doesn't keep you off the plot too long!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Yes definitely ! Hope all goes well. I guess your vocal chords will somewhat painful and needing a rest for a few days.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You will be in my thoughts Friday Pa Snip.....good luck my dear fellow.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:You will be in my thoughts Friday Pa Snip.....good luck my dear fellow.

Thanks dear boy, your (and others) thoughts are appreciated

Primrose wrote:Yes definitely ! Hope all goes well. I guess your vocal chords will somewhat painful and needing a rest for a few days.

Thanks Primrose, methinks I will be carrying pencil and notepaper for a few days. Don't even know which way they are 'going in' yet.

Westi wrote:Good Luck for Friday Pa! Hope it doesn't keep you off the plot too long!

Thank you westi, I am trying very hard to get everything planted up by this coming Thursday afternoon, that way there will only be watering to do.
Mind you my energy level is low and I have to fight myself to venture out the door to the plot. Amazing thing is that I am noticing even more how much better I feel once I have got onto the plot

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Monika
KG Regular

All the best from me too! And hope you'll soon be hale and hearty again!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Monika wrote:All the best from me too! And hope you'll soon be hale and hearty again!

Thanks for your thoughts Monika, can but hope.

tigerburnie
KG Regular

Take care Pa, I had some bits removed from my stomach last week, waiting for results.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

tiger, I hope all goes well for you. Very best wishes

Geoff
KG Regular

Have a good snip, Snip.
Out of contact last evening, Microsoft support took over machine 20:30 to 00:30 (or is that 12:30, never sure) made it worse, waiting to resume the fray sometime between now and 10:30
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thank you Geoff, I hope they will be quite clear where they are snipping. :D :D

OOOH one of my pet hates, In my book it is definitely 00:30
12:30am or 24:30 cannot exist since a new day starts at midnight.

retropants
KG Regular

hoping all goes smoothly for you on Friday, and you are up and running again soon :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic