Early Summer bits and bobs - 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thank you retro.

RUNNING !!!! moi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, I'll be happy on tickover.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Pa Snip
KG Regular

On a serious note I know I am not the only one suffering something nasty.

I wish you all well.

To those who keep in touch privately and those who are supportive in the forum I have this to say ......................... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQRMwoCsU50

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Lovely Pa!

For thinking of others & posting something so beautiful to hear & it kind of sums up this wee group of people we visit, share & without even knowing who they are! That is a privilege as well!
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just been and buried the last one of three cats, for a lovely person.....she was so upset it was very emotional.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

Hi OH!

Too sad! Hope she considers another, that's a big void in her life, even if just adopted another kitty will help! x
Westi
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Nice thought Pa, I hope all goes well. We all need our friends and an act of kindness gives everyone a boost. Thank you.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Couldn't water the Salvia in the wildlife corner of the plot last night.
Too many bumble bees on it. Was great to see.

Picture taken at beginning of this month, 4th June, so the Salvia has grown a bit since then

DSC_201434.jpg
DSC_201434.jpg (164.62 KiB) Viewed 3052 times

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Is anyone surprised by this

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/spending-one ... 25323.html

I'm certainly not

Geoff
KG Regular

My calendar with sayings for the day has been on better form the last couple of days.

"Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself"

"Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician"
Primrose
KG Regular

Thinking of Pa Snip today and hoping his throat surgery went well.
Reckon he will be on jelly and ice cream for a few days but at least it's the right weather for it!
Take it easy Pa !
tigerburnie
KG Regular

First failure of the season, watercress just went to flower and seed with next to no leaf, I think I over sowed it trying to get a bigger crop, lesson learnt.
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Westi
KG Regular

We're with you Pa!

Mind the family might be puzzled by the quietness! Get well soon mate & back on here to share your knowledge & adventures so we can groan, moan or smile! XX
Westi
peter
KG Regular

Last night I picked just over 1lb each of yellow and red raspberries. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Medical science nothing short of amazing.

Surgery under general anaesthetic yesterday to remove as much as possible of cancerous growth in throat, could not touch tumour on tongue though.
Amazing, not a surgical mark on me as a result, procedure carried out by laser surgery.
Mind you, have I got one hell of a sore throat today. !!!!

Will find out in four weeks time just how much they removed and how successful they regard it.
Was told to take it easy, but plot matters come first :lol:

That was yesterday.
Managed four warm hours up the plot this morning, arrived 08:34, left 12:37
Time spent watering, then uncovering peas, beans and sweetcorn removing wind and bird protection and then helping Mrs S put sweetpeas in. No heavy work.
Felt good til it got too hot around midday, then we came home

robo
KG Regular

I'm glad it was successful pa snip , I managed to get to the plot at the hottest part of the day managed to pick around five pounds of strawberries it's the best we have ever had picked about three pound on Thursday still loads yet to ripen , the asparagus has just about finished it's been a good year for it , I should go back to the plot to water but I'm going to give it a miss and have a look at the back of my eyelids
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic