Pensions!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Yesterday I got my annual pension statement for this small pension I have alongside my NHS one. What a load of useless information, unit price, number of units, Plan value, something called Imp Pens Eq Acc (seriously) & Managed Retirement - everything but what will be my high and low estimate of my annual pension next year. It is a Canadian company as the UK one I paid into got bought out.

What is the most informative information that you have found that actually is meaningless?
Westi
peter
KG Regular

The UK Met Office tweeting about the current weather in Dubai.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
FredFromOssett
KG Regular

The bag of Dry Roasted Peanuts which states in the Allergy Advice box "May also contain Nuts."
I should b****y well hope so!
Shallot Man
KG Regular

FredFromOssett wrote:The bag of Dry Roasted Peanuts which states in the Allergy Advice box "May also contain Nuts."
I should b****y well hope so!

Would seem commonsense has gone out of the window.
Geoff
KG Regular

I've not really started gardening this year, I've been stuck rebuilding a bathroom. I've been moaning about instructions; they've varied from non-existent through incomprehensible to simply wrong, often caused by design changes not being reflected in the instructions. For example, I had an end bath panel with big lugs sticking out on each side so there was no way you get it flush against a wall, took an email exchange to find out you decided which hand you wanted it then modified it with a hacksaw. Their attempts to be multi-lingual by omitting all words have also been fun, like this one:

Geberit.jpg
Geberit.jpg (605.5 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Unintelligible, Misleading, Nonsensical, Inappropriate, Incomprehensible.
All words you may care to use singularly.

You Lucky People.

All those words apply every day to television subtitling. If you use it you will know exactly what I mean, if you don't have to use it then try it sometime and you will soon see what I mean.
A news report the other day involved the Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger.

Subtitle text came up with Arson Finger.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Goodness Geoff, I think you may be winning. Actually noted the pic in 8 shows full & 1/2 flush side by side but by 9 it was front & back!

Pa - I laugh at that a fair bit, if before 6am & still BBC world news on & they run the breaking news thing at the bottom it can be very bizarre, let alone actually sub-titles!
Westi
robo
KG Regular

I would open the box use the instructions for lighting the fire then assemble the best way I can
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic