Pa Snip Enterprise Log

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

robo
KG Regular

I've got one of them multi tools strimmer ,tiller, Bush cutter things it has only done about two hours running but all in short bursts it will not start no matter what I do unless I give it a squirt of carb cleaner then one pull and it's away
richard p
KG Regular

probably set too lean ,an eigth or quater turn out on the mixture might fix it , but if your happy to use carb cleaner carry on.

only thing id suggest is to pull it over a couple of times before squirting the carb cleaner, just gets a bit of oily petrol in there to lubricate the cylinder and piston before starting.
robo
KG Regular

Thanks for the reply Richard p I can't find a mixture screw on the carb it looks like a factory set one , I have stopped using it apart from a bit of strimming every every six months the tiller on it is very hard to use and kicks soil everywhere the thing is more trouble than it's worth
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Rain ? What rain ! yes ok we had a little overnight last night

But during today, despite the forecasts less than 30 seconds of heavy spitting (weather not me) and it was all over.
Smashing day, even if my morning was wasted.

This afternoon we planted both Lady Christl and Winston first early potatoes, slightly earlier than normal they join the Jazzy planted even earlier than normal.

Main crop King Edward and late main Sarpo Mira now chitting whilst awaiting their turn.

My idea about the rotavator that I was having trouble starting, due to compression and kickbacks, appears to have worked. Have been able to start it easily each time it has been needed since. :)

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Funny about the rotavator starting Pa Snip, anyone might think it was to do with me offering to come down if you couldn't get it going.... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

The power of thought OH

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

My poor old Merry Tillers oil habit will be the death of it methinks. :(

Today it wouldn't start, so straight out with the plug, damm thing looked like it'd been dipped in treacle toffee then dried in a gentle wind tunnel. In use it leant a little and promptly imitated the old pre-radar Royal Navy, "Make smoke!".

Anyone know how practical and costly a Briggs & Stratton rebuild is, including a rebore? :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
tigerburnie
KG Regular

Probably cheaper to get a new engine for it Peter
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Briggs-and-St ... SwA29Y4BsM
Been gardening for over 65 years and still learning.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Tiger might well be right Peter.

Not in the same league as what you need doing but the last repair to my rotavator only involved replacement of the fuel bowl.
Cost of part £8.
Cost of labour £40

All + 20% Vodka And Tonic

Pa Snip
KG Regular

WELL THAT WAS SOME DAY.

Brilliant, not had a day like that for ages.
Arrived plot 09:10 >>>> departed plot 17:10
Apart from 4 teabreaks worked straight through for 8 Hours.
Unheard of in last couple of years. Felt great all day.

WORK IN PROGRESS

Primrose
KG Regular

Well done on the hard labour Pa but you may be a bit creaky when it comes to trying to leap out of bed in the morning. Still, hopefully you'll view your efforts on your next plot visit and decide the aches and pains were worth it !
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Primrose wrote:Well done on the hard labour Pa but you may be a bit creaky when it comes to trying to leap out of bed in the morning. Still, hopefully you'll view your efforts on your next plot visit and decide the aches and pains were worth it !

Primrose I can already feel I'm in for cramp in both legs tonight.
As for your suggestion of being creaky, yep stiff back coming on.

Heyho, so worth it to have had such a satisfyingly productive day

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Well morning has arrived, without a stiff back :D however entire night was spent waking up due to cramp in either left or right leg and at times both at same time.

Not easy trying to stand up from seated position when both legs are cramped up.

Need to be up plot again today in order to get work in progress finished in case my nice treated wood disappears.

Cause of this work in progress= decided that area bounded in red needed a clear out, tidy up and revamp.

DSC_010203-highlight.jpg
DSC_010203-highlight.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

Taken 9/4/17 starting to clear area, Three raised bed frames moved to approximate new position

DSC_018401.jpg
DSC_018401.jpg (128.12 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

Pa Snip
KG Regular

Work In Progress.
DSC_023001.jpg
DSC_023001.jpg (151.4 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

Pa Snip
KG Regular

DSC_023304.jpg
DSC_023304.jpg (116.49 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
Last edited by Pa Snip on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic