A personal message for New Year 2017

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Pa Snip
KG Regular

My New Year Honours

OK so I am very well aware that I am not the only person on here who has been informed of terminal health issues. I am also aware that not everyone on here likes my sense of humour that I use to deal with it. I could probably name them.

Back in the first half of 2015 I was told I have a rare combination of tumour and cancer. Although I am unexpectedly still around so is the Alien Within

I, and my family, were told my chances of survival were slim to zero and that I was unlikely to see Christmas 2015. There was a slim chance that if I underwent 6 monthly chemo sessions I might , just might mind, see some of 2016 but there was no hope whatsoever of seeing 2017.

My sense of humour, along with my allotment I am convinced, has helped me deal with this and I do sincerely hope it may have helped others smile of groan and maybe, just maybe, given those others some moments respite from their own issues or ills.

I sincerely wish everyone a Happy New Year, especially those who have joined in and been part of 2016 with me.
Your participation in what I have posted has been of great value to me and I thank you for having been an important part of life this year..

Fingers crossed for all of you who may be suffering severe health issues, I can recommend sticking two fingers up to the world and doing just what you want to do, or say.

Get out there on your plots as much as you can, enjoy life in the open, and don’t let the buggers get you down.

As I type this we are 2.5 hours away from 2017 and it looks like once again the medics have been proved wrong, so please be positive, use your brand of humour and enjoy life and who knows you also may get that unexpected life extension

I am happy to be able to say thanks for your participation and replies and I sincerely wish those contributors a
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017.

Those of you who would be on my honours list know who you are
Best wishes and good luck

Pa Snip

oh, and The Alien Within.

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Wishing you a very happy new year Pa. Thank you for your sense of humour and positive attitude to life. You are a great example to us all.

Looking forward to seeing your photos of the plot and hope we all have a productive 2017
peter
KG Regular

Bravest celebrity book title of 2016

IMG_20161231_221548.jpg
IMG_20161231_221548.jpg (81.6 KiB) Viewed 3674 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Good on you Pa Snip....A very Happy New Year to you, all of your family and everyone on the forum.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
robo
KG Regular

All the best pa snip for 2018 I know you will still be around , your sense of humour has helped me through some grim times in 2016 a year I'm glad to see the back of
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Pa Snip. Keep up the good fight. shallot man
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:All the best pa snip for 2018 I know you will still be around , your sense of humour has helped me through some grim times in 2016 a year I'm glad to see the back of

2018 robo !!! now that really is being optimistic, but I hope you are right :lol:

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
robo
KG Regular

Pa snip I hope this time next year I can send you a p.m. saying "I told you so " I wish you the best of luck
Pa Snip
KG Regular

robo wrote:Pa snip I hope this time next year I can send you a p.m. saying "I told you so " I wish you the best of luck

robo, I like your thinking.

Westi
KG Regular

Pa, You are truly amazing! I'm with the others thinking we might be saying Happy New Year again next year. I agree your positive spirit & obviously the allotment is great medicine!

I note everything is about 'mindfulness' in psychological, palliative & religious supportive help now - guess what we found it first! Who is not aware of every little thing perfect or not that occurs when we garden? Yes we stop & observe & note the wonder of it, mindful of our place in supporting or improving it. We know our place & our place knows us, being near to nature can only give benefits.

To those struggling in any way, I hope you can find some time to stop & enjoy. Sit down, reflect, admire the beauty & if that doesn't help chat on here with us.
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Nothing amazing about me Westi ,I'm just an ordinary bloke who like many others is fighting an intrusion. Just not afraid to talk about it and fighting it slightly differently to many perhaps..

XXx

retropants
KG Regular

Dear Pa Snip, wishing you all the best for 2017, hoping the weather is kind to all of us, allowing as much time on the plot as possible and bumper yields.
Pa Snip
KG Regular

TY Retro, to bumper crops indeed. All the best to you

KG Tony
KG Regular

That's truly inspirational Pa Snip and an example to all in present and future adversity. Wishing you all the best for 2017 and more words of wisdom from you on the forum!
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Thank you Tony.

It is down to some of the people here that I am able to deal with things the way I do.

It is down to the staff of, and contributors to, KG magazine and Forum that helps me enjoy my own plot so much. (right now its a 'b' mess though :lol: )

Thanks and best wishes to you and all your colleagues in the Morton Manor Kitchen Garden (you can have that segment title on me lol)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic