Oyster mushrooms

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Over the past few years I've attempted to grow mushrooms from spawn and seeded logs with very disappointing usually, no results.

This morning I've found a nice little clump of oyster mushrooms growing out of the side of the bird table! It's nowhere near anything I've tried to grow so is perfectly natural. Good old mother nature.

Thinking back, the best crop of mushrooms grew among my carrots when I'd mulched between them with spent mushroom compost.
Westi
KG Regular

Good find PP!

I find mushrooms around the plot now & again but I'm not confident enough to identify them so leave them alone. I've never had much luck with the kits either, but my neighbour had a mega crop of chestnut mushrooms from one of those box things in his shed.

Westi
Westi
KG Tony
KG Regular

We were sent one of these pearly oyster mushroom kits from http://espressomushroom.co.uk/.
Got a decent first crop: after a couple of weeks:
Attachments
mush kit.jpg
mush kit.jpg (45.73 KiB) Viewed 2324 times
Shallot Man
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING. Join the club.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

They look nice Tony, when did you grow them, and have you had them long enough for another crop?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic