Frosty!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Went down with all intention of having the burn. Not a chance! Minus 1.5 degrees just after 9am when I went down there & thick frost on everything so too damp to burn. Left at 12.30pm & even though sunny not enough strength to melt it & dry it. Mind it was Minus 4 at Bournemouth Airport this morning at 6am.

Looking at the weather this week have a couple of warmer days coming up so will see how it pans out for the weekend. Want to get this wee job done as time to get this spot clear to lay down the compost & manure & put these areas to bed for the winter - & collect that precious ash!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The frost didn't go completely here either, Westi and it is freezing like mad now, so will be very white in the morning.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Minus 4C last night and already minus 2C at this moment, 7pm, so it's likely to get colder. It will break down the clumps of dug soil and kill a few bugs - goodie!
Time to start a "Midwinter Bits and Bobs", OH?
Westi
KG Regular

Agree Monika! OH??
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

Well hopefully the cold weather will be good for my elephant garlic Isn't garlic supposed to need a period of cold weather to encourage the bulbs to split, although I suspect that is probably later on its development and not when the first shoots are just starting to peep through the soil?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic