Very early Winter Bits and Bobs.2016

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Clive.
KG Regular

I checked today on the Snowdrop...the two flowers are well over now but the good news is that there are quite a few leaves starting to emerge, so all is not lost. :)

Battling away with a, behind schedule, border overhaul today that is only go-able due to it being above a layer of chalk with the ground dropping away behind. Much bindweed and enchanters nightshade being removed....progress has been about 6ft along the border each day, forking it two spits deep where the chalk allows.

Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That will be one of those jobs when completed, Clive, that you will be able to stand back and get a lot of pleasure from.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Geoff
KG Regular

Something thinks it's going to go cold, saw a pure white Stoat as we went over the moors to finish shopping this morning. Waiting for a phone call from one of the supermarkets saying they are running out of something can we help them out!
peter
KG Regular

Dog's present for my wife, facilitated by my daughter.
Max poo.jpg
Max poo.jpg (43.02 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Primrose
KG Regular

I think I should display a large version of this at the gate to our nearby park. There are a lot of dog walkers who never seem to pick up their pets' droppings.
Westi
KG Regular

Nice Peter! Says it straight!

Primrose, it's a pain isn't it. In our woods there are bins every 50 or so metres - what do they do? Throw the poo bags into the trees! Anyway over the years of same faces & dog greetings we just stop & tell people off if we see them as safety in numbers. In the New Forest it is much better though for some reason, maybe the majesty of the place, maybe the sneaky walker about to pop around the corner - who knows, maybe just the size of the place?
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic