Malvern Mob

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Tamworth,
Isn't anything sacred! What I said was to upset an exceedingly snotty snob of a woman. She has never spoken to me since so it seems to have been the right treatment for the occaison! BTW she is from the "oh but we are Organic" Brigade. Then you watch her in the Supermarket filling her trolley with conventional vegetables without even giving the organic section a glance.
Good though wasn't it!!
JB.
Chantal
KG Regular

JB, what on earth are you talking about? :?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

Come on JB

Spill the beans. Now, I know i'm not one to gossip but don't let that put you off :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Lizzie,
For propriety sake I have PM'd you! I am about to send you a PM Chantal with the beans.
JB.
Piglet
KG Regular

I am growing a beard as we speak. Was it a coincidence that Lyndon had one as well?
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Tigger
KG Regular

Well - that's a worry as he's had a beard since he was 14 (and yes - I did hear what JB said)!

Thankyou for the brolly Chantal - it's been baptised today.
lizzie
KG Regular

I think i'll ask the Old Man to grow one now after that JB.

If it floats your boat why not. Mind you, he grew a beard when he was younger and he looked like Peter Sutcliffe!! :shock: Maybe i'll dig out the picture and see :?
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chantal
KG Regular

He is naughty :twisted: :oops:

Were we lucky with the weather yesterday or WHAT!? It's been raining solidly here since the middle of the night. How about you lot? I'm assuming you're in the rain Tigger, or have some strange umbrella fetish that we don't know about?
Chantal

Chantal
KG Regular

As I recall, promises were made at Malvern to post some recipes (on the recipe page); so can we have:

Lyndon's Lemon Tart
Piglet's Lime Cheesecake
Piglet's Cheese and Marmite Straws &
Tigger's Green Tomato Chutney

to start with please? :D
Chantal

Piglet
KG Regular

Piglette here......

Oh Lizzie, I did laugh at your description of your OH with a beard when he was younger! You have GOT to post a picture of him!

What a fabulous day it was yesterday. What a lovely place Great Malvern is too - and the weather - well, it was just perfect. Highlight of the day for me was meeting up for lunch. Not just for the goodies you understand, but the company. What a lovely bunch of people. Wellie and Paul - lovely to meet you both and really looking forward to seeing you again. Lovely to meet Seedling and Jenny too. I think you are very brave Jenny finding Malvern on your own. I would have ended up in Skeggie. Chantal - so nice to see you looking so well (and not drugged up to the eyeballs). Tigger and Lyndon -thanks for the goodie bags - what a lovely thought. And Lyndon - that lemon pie and game pie - absolutely scrummy. And thank you so much everyone for all the lovely plants. None of yours came with "extras". Sorry about Piglet's greenfly :oops:

Oldherbaceous - I didn't need your coriander after all. Tigger brought me a veritable feast of it! I wish you had been there though OH, you would have loved it. I think I might have been talking about you at 12.30, asking someone if they thought you had a beard!! :lol:

For those of you who didn't make it yesterday, let's hope we can meet up at the Autumn show in Malvern, or in Harrogate!!!

Love, Piglette

Johnboy - I have been laughing all day every time I think of your "statue". It was so funny I fell over didn't I??? I think you're smashing (and your whiskers!) :wink:
Kindest Regards, Piglet

http://pigletsplots.blogspot.com/
Tigger
KG Regular

And we should have mentioned the ultimate success story - Piglette the non smoker. What a star! Don't think she's got much of her savings left though folks, but there were some happy stallholders.
LakeView
KG Regular

Glad to hear it all went so well. The food sounds wonderful. I loved the comment about the OH/spouses not really sure what to make of you gardening lot! My OH helps me on the allotment, but he does think I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to all the sowing and planting I do - and talking about it on the KGF!

I hope to join you for the Malvern Autumn show! Happy gardening everyone!
peat
KG Regular

Is there some way that the mag can do a write up about it and post some of your photo's? It would make a good story and give the forum some publicity in the mag.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Chantal
KG Regular

Hi Peat

Mr PH already has a photo of us in his sticky mitt which he says he'll put in the mag. I should think they could cull an article from this thread! :D You're right, it would be good publicity for the forum and what's more, we're planning to hold meet-ups at GW Live (NEC), Malvern Autumn Show and hopefully Harrogate Flower Show so the more that read about them and come along the better it will be.
Chantal

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Hello my dear Piglette, i will have to give the two extra special pots of corriander i was growing you, to someone else now then. :wink:
The gang will get to meet me one day, you no what they say, it comes to those who wait. :lol:
Theres no beard on my face just a big permanent grin. :D :shock:
Hope you all have a lovely time in France, and return to some healthy plants.
I can't get the vision of a five foot fuchsia with legs walking down the road out of my head, very funny indeed. :wink:

Kind regards the beardless Old herbaceous.

Theres no fool like an old fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic