Free course....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Diane
KG Regular

I'm going to start this course next week - looks fascinating. And it's free too...https://www.coursera.org/learn/plantknows
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

That looks good.

I'm waiting for the OU to put some horticulture themes on their free Open Learn, just done a work related one & plodding my way through a 'healthy ageing' one.

Westi
Westi
Diane
KG Regular

Yes, these free courses are wonderful (completed a great many over the years) - I've done the Skeletal one and also the Diabetes one...now halfway through the one about the weather and boring my husband to death by frequently pointing up to the sky to impart my newly acquired cloud knowledge. :lol: I can't always remember it all at the end but it must do my old braincells some good along the way. I'm sure I'm learning more now than I ever did at school.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

Totally Diane! Never learnt so much as I have after I left school!

My healthy ageing one says continuous learning creates new pathways in the brain which will help outfox the dementia process. Post Mortem's have shown people who functioned brilliantly showed that they were actually ravaged by dementia. Oh it's Future Learn btw, run by the Open University, but dips into universities all over the place.

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic