A Poll Re the (in)activity thread

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Do you or Don't you Subscribe

I subscribe to Kitchen Garden Magazine
37%
I buy the magazine on a 'ad hoc' basis from retail outlet
17%
I share a copy of the magazine with others
10%
I would not take out a subscription in order to use the forums
30%
I would take out a subscription to Kitchen Garden Magazine to use the forums
7%

Total votes: 30
alan refail
KG Regular

In days gone by the threads were much more combative - and, as a result, informative. Try this one to see what the forum used to be like.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9829
Last edited by alan refail on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Westi wrote:Can I say this is the appropriate forum to take the gloves off - as agreed (kind of)! General Chat is indeed that, but let's keep it civil! To date everyone is doing that, but is it not time to move on?
We have new interest from others, engagement from the KG team, & we have two forum members who have so much knowledge and ideas to share! I won't say bury the hatchet as kinda know where that might lead, but I will say clean slate - apologise in a pm or keep it there!
We have engagement, we can get new forum members, we can give & receive advice, & post away to get answers to our queries & other new people will post if they don't see negativity! We asked for this saving of the forum, don't let us down guys! We all want more activity, & I know you both smart from the post of past but it's now the future!
Sorry if I disappoint saying that but it's about saving the forum - the thing that linked us from the start. About what I said KGAdmin - can you delete past posts & start afresh??

Westi

Dearest Westi

This thread now does unfortunately have content which may give the wrong impression of how the people on this board normally behave and assist one another.
It was never my intention that this thread would deviate off the subject of trying to get some idea how many subscribed etc.
I saw it as a simple way for people to engage the board, maybe for the first time.

However, very sadly the thread was used to launch a public personal attack on me and someone else who has not been named.
Accusations were made against me personally of something I have no recollection of. The comment against the other person seemed spurious.
I therefore did not think it unreasonable of me to ask for substantiation of those accusations, but it has not been forthcoming.

PETER, I would ask if the thread and ALL posts can be left but please would you lock the thread. It has served its original purpose now. The period of inactivity has been addressed and any relevant posts relating to the original subject can be made on FredfromOssett's thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13626&p=134090#p134090

Thanks to those who took part in the original subject matter.

As an aside Westi, I do not think wiping the slate clean of all past posts would be conducive to encouraging new people to post. Surely it would seem as if the forums are even less used. Some Forum sections might remain almost empty for ages,

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Westi
KG Regular

Good Point Pa about deleting all the posts, but maybe refresh the forum members section - takes me ages to find someones name if I want to pm them for advice.

Westi
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

oh dear westi,

I'm going to poo poo another of your ideas. Please don't stop having them though :D

Object of exercise is to get more people using forums, so not only does that include new but hopefully longer term members might feel inclined to resume posting.

Snag, their names have been deleted from board.. ooops part of current objective defeated by own goal :idea: :roll: :lol:

Go on Westi call me a Winnie the ... ... :D

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
peter
KG Regular

Westi wrote:Good Point Pa about deleting all the posts, but maybe refresh the forum members section - takes me ages to find someones name if I want to pm them for advice.

Westi

Start a virgin pm and go to add a member when you start typing the name and pause it will suggest likely matches.

westi.jpg
westi.jpg (37.89 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Thanks Peter this is all very helpful. I'll have a proper look at it all when I get home.
Westi
KG Regular

Thanks Peter!

Doh! Blonde or what - I try to judge what letter someones name might start at from he multiple pages at the bottom. I.T. is never going to be my next career direction!

Cheers!

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic